How do you want to die?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saspotato:
I have no belief in God, I don't disbelieve in God.

That would make you agnostic, not atheist.

Saspotato:
Hopefully you can understand the difference though it is subtle.

Quite obvious, actually.

Saspotato:
Seriously though this is not the thread to be arguing over the definition of atheism and religion. Get back on topic.

It is central to the topic.

paddler3d:
How about the millions and millions of people over the millenia who have been murdered/killed in the name of some god?

How about the millions and millions of people over the millenia who have been murdered/killed because of the lack of belief in God?

There are evil people, some claim to follow one religion or another. The major religions of today all advocate peace.

This was a very entertaining thread until now. Why don't you guys start another thread to discuss your religious beliefs or lack there of.

But this is a discussion about death, and this is how a thread dies :wink:

That would make you agnostic, not atheist.

Agnostic implies doubt, of which I have none. I lack a belief, that is all. I can define myself however I would like. I choose to define myself as atheist. I do not care whether you accept that or not, nor whether or not you think it is a religion. I know you are wrong, and that is enough for me, I don't need to convince you that you are wrong.

How about the millions and millions of people over the millenia who have been murdered/killed because of the lack of belief in God?

To me the deaths caused by religion (or lack of) are irrelevant to arguments about the validity of religion. They do not prove the existence of god or the spiritual world one way or another.

There are evil people, some claim to follow one religion or another. The major religions of today all advocate peace.

Again, this is irrelevant to whether or not religious beliefs have any truth to them.

Take this religion discussion to some other forum or to PM's back and forth with each other.

Back to topic: How would you like to die?

Take this religion discussion to some other forum or to PM's back and forth with each other.

No worries, my apologies. Religious discussions are hard for me to avoid :wink:

Back to topic: How would you like to die?

In 1000000 years, I figure I'll have done everything by then :)

An enlisted soldier, bound to a post before a bullet-riddled wall, was about to be executed for possessing the same deficiencies in action usually displayed by officers and politicians.

"Have you any last requests?" asked the sergeant commanding the firing squad.

"I request not to be shot," said the soldier.

"Fix bayonets!" ordered the sergeant who didn't possess such deficiencies.

<snip>, how would we define our lives by our deaths?
". . .a man who knows how to live, has no place for death to enter."

"Before we wake, we cannot know that what we dreamed does not exist. Before we die, we cannot know that death is not the greatest joy. . ."

Well I dont want to die this way!
YouTube - Woman Kills Boyfriend By Sitting On Him!!

Should I ever have some horrible terminal disease would be very tempted to plan a solo trimix dive down the Cayman wall. Get to 500 feet,take in the scenery for a couple of minutes then switch to O2..............................

back on topic........I want to die asleep in bed after great sex!!:eyebrow: the talk of sex should help to difuse the religion arguement

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom