How do you tell you are getting older?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had just exited a river dive and was huffing it up to my car when this ol' geezer stops me to ask a question about diving. I didn't hear him well, and so pulled down my hood. The ol' geezer then said, "Well I'll be darned, you're older than me!" I just kinda' shook my head as I continued walking up the hill to my car with my twin 45s on my back.

SeaRat

I booked a flight to Cozumel. Now I am trying to decide if I book with a dive op for diving or a dentist for an implant.

I booked a flight to Cozumel. Now I am trying to decide if I book with a dive op for diving or a dentist for an implant.
Dive first, then implant.

Let's see... this is going to be a long list....
-Hitting on a woman and later realizing my bicycle is older than she is...
-Finding your favorite possessions are listed on Craig's List as "vintage" (my bicycle for one)
-Glasses and Hearing aids (not the having them, but the realization I need them)
-The Hemorrhoid
-being called Sir and Mr by other adults....
-Being called Sir or Mr by women you would like to flirt with....
-noticing people younger than you look old and haggard and thinking "is that how I look?"
-Realizing YOU might be the dirty old man...

Last edited:
Yeah other than the bike and hearing aid, I got all those things too. Maybe I got 'em when I'm diving in CT each summer?

I don't feel old and still act like a ten year old most of the time, but a few months ago I grew a beard for the first time and can't get over how many gray hairs are involved. I'd shave, but my arthritic fingers hate holding a razor.

Can't read a damn thing until I find my glasses!

You know you are getting old when you have a pair of reading glasses on every table, end table, coffee table, night stand, et allia, so you don't have to find your reading glasses.

markm
Also, at least one pair in every compartment of every vehicle you own.

I figured I was getting old when someone sticking a gun in my face was less scary than what my doctor just told me.
Ouch.
All The Best!

I used to count the candles on my birthday cake each year but these days the cakes are too small to hold them all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom