How do you tell you are getting older?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't read a damn thing until I find my glasses!

As I was laying in bed earlier with badly bruised ribs (from falling thru a deerstand ladder when a rung broke) and sciatic pain going from my left hip down my leg, I re-read the post from a 31 year old Swedish female physiotherapist looking for a dive buddy for a LOB trip to exotic places and I thought "if ONLY I were a few years younger ...."
☺☺
Cheers - MM :cheers:

Sounds like you need a physiotherapist a lot more than a dive buddy! I'll bet the deer were laughing their asses off when you fell out of the deerstand. Good luck getting well.

I call the scuba police, "Sonny."

Seriously, though, fitness tends to be the biggest indicator that we are getting older. What I've found is that it is possible to turn back the clock a bit if you train correctly. Sport-specific training works best as we age. Less reps and distance, but heavier weight and higher speed yields better results and is easier on the joints. My knees hurt if I run more than 3 miles, but they feel great if I do something like 5 x 200 meter, 5 x 100 meter and 5 x 50 meter sprints.

I'm not getting older and fatter. The keto diet works. After shaving off 30# this winter, I am back on track to doing what's important - hunting, waterskiing and diving...

:cheers:

new_waterski.jpg

scubaincozumel.jpg

Sounds like you need a physiotherapist a lot more than a dive buddy! I'll bet the deer were laughing their asses off when you fell out of the deerstand. Good luck getting well.
While it is somewhat humorous after the fact, being wedged in the ladder a couple of feet off the ground for 30 minutes or so was not very funny at the time. I am not sure a physiotherapist would do much for my ribs, and the thought of diving with this one (or ANYone) almost brings tears to my eyes.
Interestingly, I just got my ears and sinuses ready to dive and now I have to wait on my ribs. If it's not one thing it's another. :) Also, when I fell every deer in the county heard it, but a couple came back just to see what was going on. Oops! for them. :)
Cheers and Happy New Year - M² :cheers: :newyear:

I just read 6 pages of responses and all I have to add is....uhhhh....... what were we talking about again?
I told my Dr. I was having memory problems. He said fugghettabouttit. He was from New Yawk.

Back
Top Bottom