How do you tell you are getting older?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spent last night reallocating retirement funds to more conservative choices. And the skiing thing too. Went out last Friday, conditions were awesome. Still took three days to recover. First time out in three years and probably the last.
Right. I "retired" from Sr. Mens' Basketball age 33. Was invited to join the old team at age 38 when I moved back and played in a practice scrimmage. Yeah right. That was probably the most defining moment of realizing one's age.

I'm impressed you know the names of these things!

Don't be too impressed. OK, I admit it. I had to look up the names on Google, but my grandkids are always talking about them, but they might as well have been speaking Uzbek to me because I am a Social Media troglodyte. However, I still have a better cell phone and computer than they so they can only make fun of me so far.

Look, I'm not going to ******** you. You are all going to get old, and it is going to happen lightning fast. You won't see it coming. You'll just be living your life the way you always have, diving, thinking, "Man, I sure am young. There is little in life that I enjoy more than the simple knowledge of how completely not old I am." And then one day, out of the blue, you'll have a horrifying realization that people have stopped viewing you as an ultra cool, iconic masterpiece of sexuality ... now you're just some kid's parent. An annoying dive instructor. The ******* supervisor. There will be no warning. Enjoy it while you can.

Now Father time is catching up with me
Gone is my youth
I look in the mirror everyday
And let it tell me the truth
I'm singing the blues
Mm, I just have to sing the blues
I've been around a long time
Yes, yes, I've really paid some dues

--BB King​

Skis and scuba gear both next to one another in the attic....scuba wins out every time, yep, I'm there :)
Makes a lot of sense to me, but you miss out on that near orgasmic feeling when those ski boot torture devices finally come off...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom