How do you get purchases by your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I'm off the hook. I did not go diving this weekend! Instead we left the kids at friends for the weekend and left town. Checked into a decent hotel and ate at some nice restaurants. Spent the weekend getting to know each other again. Best thing I did though was to find a pottery shop where you can glaze your own cups, bowls, plates etc... We spent a few hours doing platters that will be fired this week and shipped to us. I told my wife that I wanted a visual reminder of this weekend for a long time to come. It was like hitting every shot from the free throw line. All net and a lot of points were scored.

I didn't mention the tank, but when I brought up a scooter for Christmas while driving home today, she didn't make me take a bus home.

overexposed2X:
I just found a new PST 130 tank to buy. While I don't really need it, it will come in handy. I've used the safety excuse a few too many times recently, so how do I explain this one off? I can't tell her that I'm getting if for her - she doesn't dive. I'm waiting for Christmas to upgrade my 10W HID to 21W so I can't use that one. I'm sort of thinking Trick or Treat or "Hey sweetie how do you really feel about the presidential election?"

Obviously I need help...

I wonder just how she gets hers by me.

She could at least be nice enough to take me to the shop with her....

(Hi, Honeeeeeee..:)

My wife has her own hobbies (besides clothing an shoes). I don't complain about her expenses, she doesn't complain about mine. I just have to take her to the tropics so she gets some beach time while I dive.

Padipro:
The problem is that guys know about as much about jewellery as women know about power tools.
I have an ex husband that never did figure out what makes me tick.
He would buy me earrings or a necklace when I wanted a chainsaw or a drill press :rolleyes:
Funny thing is - I would be changing the oil in his car while he cooked dinner :D I also had to change out the engine in my commuter car when he didn't think he needed to check some things when the "check engine" light came on. First thing I checked when he told me was the oil - iit took 3 1/2 quarts for an oil/filter change - I had to add 3 quarts to bring it up to the full mark. Poor little car never ran the same again....

Snowbear:
He would buy me earrings or a necklace when I wanted a chainsaw or a drill press :rolleyes:
Funny thing is - I would be changing the oil in his car while he cooked dinner :D I also had to change out the engine in my commuter car when he didn't think he needed to check some things when the "check engine" light came on. First thing I checked when he told me was the oil - iit took 3 1/2 quarts for an oil/filter change - I had to add 3 quarts to bring it up to the full mark. Poor little car never ran the same again....

A few years back, I thought my wife might want jewelry for a b-day but I couldn't decide on anything, so I asked her what she wanted...

She responded "a really nice jigsaw would be nice..."...I went "huh?" and got her the jigsaw....

She loves it. :)

Snowbear:
One of those sensitive new age Alaskan guys? :wink:

I always have a good reason for boat electronics, dive gear, fishing gear. The wife has averaged ~$600 a month this year on antique refinishing, upholstery, etc. I have no problem telling her I bought dive gear (she is my dive buddy too). That said, i must say that slipping in the "honey...i just put a new 4 stroke Honda 225 on the boat" was a tough sell (motor still enroute from Japan unfortunately).

Buy the damn thing and when it arrives tell her. Yes, she may be mad at first but she will get over it. You make money and should be able to buy things you want, you know she does all the time. After 8 years of marriage, my wife has just learned to deal with it. If we can afford for me to buy something I want for diving, I buy it and let her know about it.

Also, the wife does not get as mad when you tell her you bought something when it arrives as she does when you try and lie about something and then she finds out. I will take the first option.... truth.

Don't ask for permission ask for forgiveness !!!!

Back
Top Bottom