How do you get purchases by your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m a 100% truth guy myself. My boat won’t get its new power for another 7 days according to the guy I spoke with today….but the wife has known I re-powered for many weeks.

Go to your local dive shop... ask them if u can buy a condemned tank off them...
Have it look like one of your old ones.. if she does not dive she might not know the difference...

Take it and get it painted with a naked lady on it... say it was a mistake it should of been painted with a picture of are family they got the wrong picture...

Then she will beg u to buy a new tank :eyebrow:

Don't say anything.

It's your money. Buy what you want.

It works for me.

Terry

overexposed2X:
I just found a new PST 130 tank to buy. While I don't really need it, it will come in handy. I've used the safety excuse a few too many times recently, so how do I explain this one off? I can't tell her that I'm getting if for her - she doesn't dive. I'm waiting for Christmas to upgrade my 10W HID to 21W so I can't use that one. I'm sort of thinking Trick or Treat or "Hey sweetie how do you really feel about the presidential election?"

Obviously I need help...

It's simple. Attach a small gold band (ring) to the tank and tell her it's a beautiful piece of jewelry. Then, when she complains that it's a little too heavy to wear as a ring, tell her you appreciate your efforts, and you'll take it.

Cheers, Jeff :eyebrow:

simbrooks:
This is just out and out wrong, i think we should start a campaign to free Andrew from being under a giant thumb!! Demand at least $200 per week! :wink:

How do you know she isnt spending twice that on clothes etc and fliting away potential dive gear funds???

Hehe. I forgot about this thread. She is actually very tight with money, so I know she isn't investing in cloths heavily. I tend to be the one who wants new toys.

I am currently planning on getting a wetsuit as my first piece of equipment. My excuse is that I don't know how many people have gone commando in the rentals and I want to make sure that any skid marks on it came from me.

Think she will let me buy it?

Andrew

I did not read through the entire thread. I get my purchases past my wife by walking.

Cameras, tools, dive gear, whatever.

Teach her to dive...once she is hooked it will become a non issue.

NEW WIFE..........

Tell her there is a tall blond in Ohio that would have NO PROBLEM with new tanks.......

Use my line, "my second wife/husband will like it just fine."

PadiPro.......$250 for SHOES??????????????
Do you like tall blonds?? :D

pennypue:
NEW WIFE..........

Tell her there is a tall blond in Ohio that would have NO PROBLEM with new tanks.......

Use my line, "my second wife/husband will like it just fine."

PadiPro.......$250 for SHOES??????????????
Do you like tall blonds?? :D

I dont think too many guys on the board have the guts to try that one. I do like the line however. Better not be a bluff though.

Brian Gilpin:
I dont think too many guys on the board have the guts to try that one. I do like the line however. Better not be a bluff though.

Not even close to a bluff........I'm officially on my way out the door soon!!!

And any successors could meet the same fate. :11:

18yrs....I've given up.
When I told him I got certified in Mexico, his only question, in a nasty tone, was "how much did THAT cost?"

NEXT!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom