How do you get purchases by your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just found a new PST 130 tank to buy. While I don't really need it, it will come in handy. I've used the safety excuse a few too many times recently, so how do I explain this one off? I can't tell her that I'm getting if for her - she doesn't dive. I'm waiting for Christmas to upgrade my 10W HID to 21W so I can't use that one. I'm sort of thinking Trick or Treat or "Hey sweetie how do you really feel about the presidential election?"

Obviously I need help...

Perhaps you could just say, "I know you couldn't think of anything to get me for our anniversary last month... so I picked this up for you to give me... here... give it to me."

Maybe, on second thought, better leave off the "...give it to me" part.

Honey, I want a new PST 130 it is going to cost us $XXX. Is there anything you would like that would be in the same price range?

TwoBit

Uncle Pug:
Perhaps you could just say, "I know you couldn't think of anything to get me for our anniversary last month... so I picked this up for you to give me... here... give it to me."

Maybe, on second thought, better leave off the "...give it to me" part.

LOL. Best to leave off "the give it to me". I bet the head hurts when you get smacked down by one of those 130's. Besides she did give me a nice present for our anniversary.

Come on Pug - give it up. You've been married a lot of years and you have more gear than most dive shops :wink: How have you gotten away with it?

TwoBitTxn:
Is there anything you would like that would be in the same price range?
... you are talking to a guy with some high $$$$ toys. :D

Oooops... did I say *toys*? I meant *business expenses*.

I think twobittxn has something there, get yourself the new tank, but also a present for her!! Otherwise of course, if she knows nothing about diving, you hold the purse strings (big presumption there), then maybe you can just play it off as you already had it. Move it in whilst she is out somewhere, smother it with other dive gear and when you go diving pretend its always been there. Either be covert like that, or do the one for me, one for you gift idea - should work, doesnt mean they have to be the same price though, its the thought that counts!! :wink:

We keep our money separate, with a pool for common expenses. Don't have to ask her........learned that lesson early. Amazing how they develop a need for jewelry when there is lots of money lying around.

overexposed2X:
Come on Pug - give it up. You've been married a lot of years and you have more gear than most dive shops :wink: How have you gotten away with it?
Just a thought, but seeing as UP is a preacher (i believe - no dissing meant, i too am a Christian), but use the life is temporal on the way to the greater life - what should it matter if i spend the cash, its only money after all, why not spend it on brief joys in this life, you cant take it with you. Worth a try :wink:

overexposed2X:
Come on Pug - give it up.
Honey you won't believe the bargain I got on this scuba tank!

If I ever die out on the water because I didn't have a CZ7 of my own don't get suckered into selling this tank for $... you should be able to get $$$ easy.

Back
Top Bottom