How do you get purchases by your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
Honey you won't believe the bargain I got on this scuba tank!

If I ever die out on the water because I didn't have a CZ7 of my own don't get suckered into selling this tank for $... you should be able to get $$$ easy.

... and now you understand why he's called "The Voice of Reason" ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

novadiver:
Use the same line she uses, IT WAS ON SALE !

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!!! Just stick a label on it,

On Sale 40% Off

The simple method is to simply TELL her to go buy them, and pick up a set for her too while she's there...

Jeanne learned a long time ago that you have to use the proper tool for the job during her first engine rebuild. (SHE smoked it, SHE fixed it! I simply passed tools and bought parts. :wink: ) She grew a lot of new skin before she caught on that there is a reason to get the right tool. If the right tool is a big tank to ensure coming home, no problem. Where she "finds" the funds in the budget I may not like, but she'll manage it.

FT

fdog:
As if I could sneak something past her; QuickBooks would point it out, and she does the books...

One day I decided to get quicken and start watching our money better. I bought the software and made it home. Then I suddenly though - "what am I, on crack???" If she ever knew how much I spent on scuba, she'd flip. I returned the software!!!

has anyone tried the" i found something i want and i am gona buy it or have bought it". i do and it works 99% of the time. i usually talk myself out of buying it the other 1%. just a thought. oh yea and keep no record of how much it cost. the lds does not even offer me a recept any more.

overexposed2X:
I like the business expense idea!!!! Hope none of the members is an IRS agent...

Tanks of compressed air come in handy for "dust removal" on lenses and camera gear.

It's definitely a business expense.

ClassAction:
One day I decided to get quicken and start watching our money better. I bought the software and made it home. Then I suddenly though - "what am I, on crack???" If she ever knew how much I spent on scuba, she'd flip. I returned the software!!!

Nice, put down the crack pipe, it's bad for you........... :crafty:

It is much easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission. :wink:

My wife handles all of the budget. I get $100 a week to spend. Anything I don't use I get to keep and save up for those special purchases.

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom