How do you get purchases by your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
NEW WIFE..........

Tell her there is a tall blond in Ohio that would have NO PROBLEM with new tanks.......

Use my line, "my second wife/husband will like it just fine."

PadiPro.......$250 for SHOES??????????????
Do you like tall blonds?? :D

hmm

I am truely astounded by how many posters in this thread have their wife hold the purse strings. Perhaps it is time for the first lady to also be the commander in chief.

Personally, I would have gone with the approach "Honey, I know you think I have an obsession with diving, but I cant help myself, you are right, I am addicted, we should get a divorce and you should move on. Find yourself a good man, an honest man, one that doesnt have this terrible affliction. OMG, I wish I was a gambler, a wife beater, a drunk, anything instead of a diver."

OTOH
I was in the fortunate position where my wife called my scuba gear "that junk in the back room" and didnt know the difference between an HID and a loofah, oh yeah, and it is a dry suit because it had to be drycleaned.

My wife and I both like shopping. She goes to the mall and I go to the SCUBA shop.

I don't ask her what's on her credit card bill and she doesn't ask about mine.

I'm reasonably certain that small bits of shiny metal and transparent minerals are just as expensive as a new regulator or an HID light.

Terry

cancun mark:
I am truely astounded by how many posters in this thread have their wife hold the purse strings. Perhaps it is time for the first lady to also be the commander in chief.

Personally, I would have gone with the approach "Honey, I know you think I have an obsession with diving, but I cant help myself, you are right, I am addicted, we should get a divorce and you should move on. Find yourself a good man, an honest man, one that doesnt have this terrible affliction. OMG, I wish I was a gambler, a wife beater, a drunk, anything instead of a diver."

OTOH
I was in the fortunate position where my wife called my scuba gear "that junk in the back room" and didnt know the difference between an HID and a loofah, oh yeah, and it is a dry suit because it had to be drycleaned.

cancun mark:

It wouldn't be the first time would it?

Each time I purchase gear, my wife will say, " Now do you have everything you need?" and I respond no. When I'm ready to buy the next thing, I remind her that I told her there was still more stuff to buy. I think she's starting to realize I will never be finished buying gear.

It helps that she has several hobbies (gardening, golf, etc.) to spend money on.

Then again, when you have an understanding spouse, it can (and will) be frightfully expensive.
"hon, i might want to buy another computer and maybe a new reg..."
"sure, go on"..

and it's another month when you don't eat after the 23rd....

yes, my wife dives and she likes equipment as much as i do...

I don't think it's really purse strings...well at leastfor me...I think it's mostly the "grief factor"...Every month when the mastercard bill comes I get the same thing "

$XXX.xx from LP, $XX.xx from Amazon $XX.xx from _____records!"

Then it goes away.....

cancun mark:

snip.......

I think the "But it was on sale" idea is a winner. I can't count the times that it is used on me. Usually though the things were on sale and were needed. I just hate it though when she buys things in quanity on sale and we can't find them when they are needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom