How do you finance your Addiction??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpsexton:
Manufacturing Engineer. I get four weeks vacation and all major holidays each year and seldom have to work more than 40 hrs. per week.

lol............You need to become an optometrist, I've worked 25 hrs per week since 1976, when I started doing this......

I am a wrangle children for a living.
Seriously, I teach, which gives me a lot of time to practice my diving skills and just enough money to dive.

Executive Project Mgr for a super-sized IT company. I pays for the diving but I rarely have time to do it... boo.

Full time firefighter, best job in the world! And I'm a full time process server, and part time mercenary in the Army Reserves (Seriously, it's only about the money any more.)

Comrade Stroke

diver 85:
lol............You need to become an optometrist, I've worked 25 hrs per week since 1976, when I started doing this......

LOL..........You need to become a firefighter. I work an average of 10 (yes TEN) days per month!

I only buy bologna, bread and milk and make my two grown children buy the rest of the groceries if they want to eat something else. MMMWWWHAHAHAHAHA :crafty:

I am the Program Director for a grantmaking foundation... so I give away money for a living. Now... if I could only figure out how to give some of it to myself... (just kidding)

battles2a5:
Executive Project Mgr for a super-sized IT company. I pays for the diving but I rarely have time to do it... boo.

I became a consultant so I didn't have to work 70 hours a week doing engineering, or spend 70 hours a week keeping direct customers satisfied. Now all I have to deal with is helping sales people sell jobs, large ones, but they all use the same processes. :14:

fire_diver:
LOL..........You need to become a firefighter. I work an average of 10 (yes TEN) days per month!

Yep, you got me there.........One of my son's friend is a local firemen & he work's about the same....His only complaint is sleeping away from his own bed & MaMa on those 'work days'........good luck & put 'em all out.....

Have re-engineered my so-called career many times during my 30+ years of diving.

Most lucrative addiction subsidy were the years I did programming/software tech support ...but went batty sitting behind a screen all day.

Went through Rad Tech school in the '70's and was also a Paramedic. Decided that amubulance riding wasn't my cup of tea but kept the Rad Tech credentials current.

Worked for commercial xray/medical imaging companies for years but got fed up with the greed/politics and ridiculous travel.

Somewhere along the line I picked up MRI skills and now work at an orthopedic/sports medicine clinic ...where I hope to finish up the ballgame and drift into anonymity.

Don't get to dive as much as I'd like but not sure I could afford much more anyway these days. We (wife and I) plan at least one liveaboard dive trip a year and so far the paycheck is covering it ...along with our second addiction - long distance backpacking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom