How do you communicate pressure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In 100 PSI increments. 2 digits.

The numbers 1 through 5 are given with the fingers vertical.
The numbers 6 through 9 are indicated by holding the fingers horizontally.

Case in point: 2900 PSI = 2 fingers vertical followed by 4 fingers horizontal

900 PSI = signal 0 followed by 4 fingers horizontal

1000 PSI = 1 finger up followed by 0

1700 PSI = 1 finger up followed by 2 fingers horizontal

I guess you've figured out by now that the horizontal fingers indicate 5 + the number of fingers extended.

the K

Using one hand we use a finger per 100 PSI and flash as many times as needed.

1000 would be 2 flashes of 5 fingers

1200 would be 2 flashes of 5 fingers followed by 2 fingers.
Many will post with a plethora of other schemes bordering on Chisenbop. What I like about the system we use is that anyone can pick it up in a pre-dive briefing

These all work best when you echo it back to you buddy and he gives you the OK sign that you got it right.

Pete

Same here.

A thumb up ! any other questions I just swim over and compare spg's.Turn or surface pressure is written on our wrist slates.No other communication is needed.

Morse code with my tank banger. --... ----- ----- :p

I also don't see what the prob would be with both hands showing a 5 and a 2, meaning 7 or 17 if a single digit was thrown first.
I don't want to use both hands to communicate pressure, that's all. YMMV.

I don't want to use both hands to communicate pressure, that's all. YMMV.

The question might be; if I flashed a single digit (1) and a two handed 7 would you not want to understand 1700?

each 100 lbs is a finger pointing up--to 500 lbs(example 300 psi would be 3 fingers, 500-5 fingers up), 600 thru 900 lbs is a finger pointing sideways ie counting 6 thru 9 using your fingers(example 700 lbs would be index and middle finger pointing sideways)...........1000 is index finger laying on forearm and 2000 lbs is index and middle finger laying over forearm(example 1500 lbs is index finger on forearm followed by 5 fingers pointing---2700 lbs is 2 fingers over forearm with index and middle finger pointing sideways).........

The above sounds a complete nightmare when wearing 3 finger mitts or when narked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom