Question Recreational Divers: What are the biggest problems you face in this sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 2 "local" dive locations (Monterey, Lake Tahoe) are 3-4 hours of driving to water that will be very cold at the best of times, and one of them often has utter rubbish visibility as well, and nobody wants to drive 6 hours round trip not to dive…

So really the issue is that I can't afford to take a private jet to a new amazing warm weather dive site all the time.

Also no regular dive buddy yet.

Aligning good local conditions with time off work.
This. I had many trips that I called due to sea conditions. During the week, when I had to work, it was pristine and calm. On the weekend, or if I took time off, weather was not cooperating.

We either don't have enough money or enough time. I mean, I have a credit card....... Time on the other hand? Well, let's just say I have a pretty good boss. I have taken sick leave to go diving for two weeks.

Yep..... I get it. I'm only 69 but I've noticed that every year it gets a little harder to get my ass back up with all my gear after I wipe out on one of the Bonaire shore entry/exits.
I have done my share of brodies coming out of the water in Bonaire.

(polishing using a Magic Eraser between dives, btw)

Wow!

You mean you soak one of those crumbly white spongy things and scrub, they are quite coarse, is that it

I have done my share of brodies coming out of the water in Bonaire.

Wow!

Interesting, we grew up pronouncing this as broadies, describing I suppose, throwing the rear of your car sideways
and then continuing through in control with your outside wheel spinning and heading off in the opposite direction
but not so far as to turn it into a doughnut, or continue through to circle work and dirty smelly expensive burnouts

So I look at this and see that with Scottish pronunciation brodie becomes broadie

Back
Top Bottom