Question Recreational Divers: What are the biggest problems you face in this sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finding buddies for local dives. I used to have a semi-regular buddy, but he moved away, so now Im getting buddies online.

And I realize this is my own preference, but I like to get two dives in before lunch time, then I have the rest of the day (and to beat afternoon traffic). Generally, I find that buddies want to take things on a more leisurely pace.

the nearest parking
'Having to get up too early to secure parking, just to have access to the water. :sleeping:

'Having to get up too early to secure parking, just to have access to the water. :sleeping:
Screw that. If I have to get up early, it's not fun anymore.

Where are you getting fills now?

I think you're parking in the wrong spot. Should be a short walk.
I get my fills at Anacortes Diving and Supply (I always want to call it diving and salvage). It's 45 minutes each way from my place, and not really on the way to most things. Oh well, next alternative is Everett.

I just went on the wrong day. Usually parking at deception is no problem, but ot was a hpt Saturday in June and there was some sort of event going on. Bowman Bay had a sign that said "All day use areas full", and there were cars parked along Cougar Gap before you even got to the road to Rosario Beach.

Mostly a function of remembering that weekends exist for normal people and going during the week.

I certified after I retired. So I have money and I thought I had time. But it seems I’m racing the clock as older-age-related issues keep raising their ugly heads keeping me out of the water.

Age is definitely one of them, I was exhausted after 19 shore dives in six days during my last trip to Tulamben, Bali.

The cold water is also an issue especially when surface air temperatures are in the 40s (Celsius) and the bottom water temperature is 23C.

Getting up at 05:00 to drive for two hours for two two hour dives, then a two hour drive home again.

As I'm retired now, I have the time, but not the amount of money I would need to satisfy my bucket list.

I have a couple of shore dive sites 30 mins away, and nice warm water in summer, but finding buddies available mid week can be a problem, solved by diving solo.

I don't understand any of it
as everyone that does their thing, goes through the same process for their thing, and don't end up diving
when it is the process of working to dive shop to buddies to weather to cancellations that makes it diving
save you get someone else to do it for you

It's all this, gear, planning, threads like this, that make it different from things like chasing chicks and beer

014.JPG

No I love it, I love everything about it, I love turning up to dive sites blown out, should I, shouldn't I dives

089.JPG

because I know how much hungrier I will be and happy to talk to little fishy creatures and not be smashed

Back
Top Bottom