Hotel Cozumel?..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Don. We can always count on you to help keep the crowds down at Blue Angel. :D
I don't understand that at all?:confused: I've always spoke well of BA other than their rate increase, and it's nice to see some savings now. :idk: You don't expect a crowd at a property with only 22 rooms.

This is a Hot Coz thread and I get Moded for posting off topic as it is, but I just got a PM about their outstanding special this month on their FB page - wow! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Angel-Resort/163024323710558 So I Liked the page to keep up with what's next.

I don't understand that at all?:confused: I've always spoke well of BA other than their rate increase, and it's nice to see some savings now. :idk: You don't expect a crowd at a property with only 22 rooms.

This is a Hot Coz thread and I get Moded for posting off topic as it is, but I just got a PM about their outstanding special this month on their FB page - wow! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Angel-Resort/163024323710558 So I Liked the page to keep up with what's next.

I don't think El Pistola meant it that way. I think he was making a joke that if you were hanging by the pool at BA, people would disperse.

Lighten up, Don; it was all in fun. Didn't you see the :D ?

:D

Lighten up, Don; it was all in fun. Didn't you see the :D ?

:D
If I could understand hidden meanings, I'd be married. :laughing:

Heck you don't have to understand to be married. I get by smiling and nodding......

That has worked for me as well. Just smile and agree, less nights on the couch that way.

The poster asked about Hotel Cozumel and my wife and I just did our third, and last stay, there. We were there for the week of July 9. When we first stayed at Hotel Cozumel four years ago, we loved it. Went back a couple years later...no so much. On this trip we realized it's gone downhill. The beds (and pillows) are rock hard. I have never complained about any hotel beds in all my years of travel, but we just couldn't sleep. It is very evident they have cut back on the food under the AI. We keep trip diaries and we looked back on previous years...no question about it, the variety and quality are now lacking. Must be the economy. Finally, the resort is just looking run down which may be why you can get a room for $69 a night. It's really sad because we once genuinely loved that little resort. And yes we have have stayed at other resorts (in the same trip package range) in Coz to compare it to, such as Fiesta Americana. If it's your first trip to Coz, Hotel Cozumel will probably be just fine. When you start making more trips and stay at other resorts you'll see the difference.

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but I really enjoy doing shore dives at Hotel Cozumel. You can't beat the price and you can see a lot of small creatures. I didn't get the chance to do a night shore dives, but I heard from several that it was money well spent.

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere, but I really enjoy doing shore dives at Hotel Cozumel. You can't beat the price and you can see a lot of small creatures. I didn't get the chance to do a night shore dives, but I heard from several that it was money well spent.

I agree with aggie, the Hotel Cozumel shore dive, while not the best dive in Cozumel, was quite enjoyable (not often a Longhorn agrees with an Aggie.) Certainly better than the best dive I can do here in Central Texas. We stayed at Hotel Cozumel in December, everything was good except for the food, trying the Blue Angel in 3 weeks.

2 very different styles of accommodation. I liked BA but my wife didn't. GREAT food at their restaurant though and an excellent dive op. As long as the wife's happy I'm all set, so even a broom closet anywhere on the island works for me at night because I'll be in or on the water most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom