Home Covid Testing Accepted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js1221

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Headed to Roatan in March. Since we are fully vaccinated we are not required to provide negative Covid results to enter Roatan, however the Aggressor requires them to board the boat. I was told that they will accept the At-Home Covid test, provided it is done in front of a crew member for verification. Has anyone else heard this or experienced it? I will be reaching out to Aggressor next week but thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks

From https://aggressoradventures.sharepoint.com/sites/ADRC2/Shared Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=/sites/ADRC2/Shared Documents/KBYG Supplements/KBYG-ROA-Supplement.pdf&parent=/sites/ADRC2/Shared Documents/KBYG Supplements&p=true
it says:
Video proctored self-tests that provide lab-certified results via an app or email will be accepted.
This seems better than hoping they will accept an on-the-spot test with a crewmember watching. Remember, this is Aggressor; if it is not written down they don't stand behind it.

From https://aggressoradventures.sharepoint.com/sites/ADRC2/Shared Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=/sites/ADRC2/Shared Documents/KBYG Supplements/KBYG-ROA-Supplement.pdf&parent=/sites/ADRC2/Shared Documents/KBYG Supplements&p=true
it says:
Video proctored self-tests that provide lab-certified results via an app or email will be accepted.
This seems better than hoping they will accept an on-the-spot test with a crewmember watching. Remember, this is Aggressor; if it is not written down they don't stand behind it.
I was there on Jan 22 and yes, a crew member watched a couple of guests administer their own home test before they got on the boat. But if you are positive, you will not be able to board, so better to get one at home the day before. I went to Walgreens and got the IDnow test.
It was all written out in the updated know before you go.

I cannot access that link. I was trying to stress that it IS written down.
Hmm, that's odd.
1644709914715.png

I was not able to access it either but I do have the KBYG printed out. I saw the part about video proctored test but it does not specifically say the crew may observe you take the test. Since it is not written down I think I will follow both suggestions and get it done before we go. Thanks for the help.

I was not able to access it either but I do have the KBYG printed out. I saw the part about video proctored test but it does not specifically say the crew may observe you take the test. Since it is not written down I think I will follow both suggestions and get it done before we go. Thanks for the help.
Now that I think of it, that information was in an e mail that aggressor sent

Back
Top Bottom