Any updates on requirement for negative Covid test to enter US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the announcement was made two days after I left for my trip with 80 bucks in needless teleproctored Binax Now tests.

That’s a bummer, Dan. I’m curious: does trip insurance kick in or does the Op issue a refund?
I checked with SWA & they had some seats available from FLL to HAV on the next morning flight that still would make it to the liveaboard. So I grabbed the flights.

My luggage was stuck in MIA on AA for later flight to HAV that won’t make it in time for the liveaboard. AA credit my cancelled flight.

Yesterday, after returning from Jardines de la Reina, I went to HAV to claim my luggage. It was there in Lost & Found department. So, I may not need to claim any losses from the travel insurance, other than the aggravation of diving without my own gears, travel time & cost from Hotel Parque Central to HAV (1hr $60 roundtrip) & 1hr time loss waiting in line & dealing with AA counter agent to locate where my lost luggage was.

Hi @Dan

Glad to hear you made it, lookng forward to your report :)
Yes, I’ll try to post the trip report ASAP.

The diving is incredible! Lots of sharks & groupers everywhere. Some Goliath groupers were so friendly and following us during the dive. Some old divers told me it’s like diving in other Caribbean places back in time (40-50 years ago). Lots of beautiful & pristine Elk-horn coral.

I would highly recommend you to dive there if you haven’t done it, yet.

I checked with SWA & they had some seats available from FLL to HAV on the next morning flight that still would make it to the liveaboard. So I grabbed the flights.

My luggage was stuck in MIA on AA for later flight to HAV that won’t make it in time for the liveaboard. AA credit my cancelled flight.

Yesterday, after returning from Jardines de la Reina, I went to HAV to claim my luggage. It was there in Lost & Found department. So, I may not need to claim any losses from the travel insurance, other than the aggravation of diving without my own gears, travel time & cost from Hotel Parque Central to HAV (1hr $60 roundtrip) & 1hr time loss waiting in line & dealing with AA counter agent to locate where my lost luggage was.
Glad to hear you got to Cuba and got some diving in, even if hot with your gear - and glad to hear you were able to retrieve it! Looking forward your report and videos

Yes, I’ll try to post the trip report ASAP.

The diving is incredible! Lots of sharks & groupers everywhere. Some Goliath groupers were so friendly and following us during the dive. Some old divers told me it’s like diving in other Caribbean places back in time (40-50 years ago). Lots of beautiful & pristine Elk-horn coral.

I would highly recommend you to dive there if you haven’t done it, yet.
Here’s what I have edited so far:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom