Any updates on requirement for negative Covid test to enter US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No flights out of MIA due to bad weather. So Cuba trip is canceled. ☹️
That’s a bummer, Dan. I’m curious: does trip insurance kick in or does the Op issue a refund?

Reactions: Dan
Hi @Dan

Very sorry to hear that :(. I just came back to Philadelphia from Florida on Wednesday, I was able to dive all 7 days, for a change.

Reactions: Dan
Because this is done by the airline outside the country, it gets around the US citizens right of return to the US at the country’s borders, hence to lack of such testing requirement for land and sea entry. It’s a bit of a constitutional run around.
Awful that our government is doing this in clear disregard for the intention of the law.

Maybe an opportunity for the Bahamas to make some money offering a US repatriation package. Passengers could fly into the Bahamas, take the fast boat to Florida, and then fly to wherever they actually live. The extra bit of travel would probably be cheaper than being trapped in another country for 10 days wit no reservations.

I’ve seriously considered driving across the border to Canada to fly somewhere outside the US so I can return to the US without testing.

I am very sorry to hear that.

Woo hoo! It’s going away!

It goes into effect for US bound travelers at midnight Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom