Any updates on requirement for negative Covid test to enter US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would this teleproctored with Azova work in Cuba?
You pay in advance. Not in Cuba. All you need is 20-30 mins of internet access.

Reactions: Dan

I am preparing for my trip to Cuba (June 3-13). From reading their “Know before you go” info, the Antigen test for returning home will cost me $120 (what a ripoff).
My US credit card won’t work in Cuba. Some government related matters won’t deal with US Dollars. I have to bring some Euros for that. Some private businesses (restaurants, liveaboards, etc.) do love USD. So half of my cash is in USD & the other half is in Euro.
Nevermind. I called Azova +18002319794 and the agent say yes.

I am preparing for my trip to Cuba (June 3-13). From reading their “Know before you go” info, the Antigen test for returning home will cost me $120 (what a ripoff).
My US credit card won’t work in Cuba. Some government related matters won’t deal with US Dollars. I have to bring some Euros for that. Some private businesses (restaurants, liveaboards, etc.) do love USD. So half of my cash is in USD & the other half is in Euro.
I know it is off topic, but how do you travel to Cuba legally from US for a diving trip?

I know it is off topic, but how do you travel to Cuba legally from US for a diving trip?
Avalon include a humanitarian & environmental projects that we’ll be participating during the diving trip to Jardines de la Reina. We’ll be given a certificate of completion indicating that we engaged in an authorized trip to scuba under the general license 515.575 Humanitarian Projects.

There are other authorized projects, such as Religious, Educational that some Americans can use to visit Cuba.

One thing new that I haven’t done it, yet and we’ll do it there is to swim with the saltwater crocodiles. 😜

We had an OFAC license when we went to Cuba in 2016. Our authorization was travel as part of a private foundation. It was REALLY an interesting trip with some REALLY nice diving.

'

great info. Thank you. I did not realize diving was a humanitarian activity. But I suppose we are all ambassadors for marine education and conservation. I am totally on board with that!
The project scope:
“…The program is hosted together by marine biologist and Cuban guides with special focus on:
- Sustainable conservation strategies
- Investigative Scientific Research
- Participatory Environmental Projects …”

Including 22 dives in Jardines de la Reinas 😜

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom