hollywood rock pile yellow brick road question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least she didn't run out of air in 10 minutes.. LOL

At least she didn't run out of air in 10 minutes.. LOL

Yeah, but was her regulator [-]INTENTIONALLY[/-] loosely placed on her tank valve? I THINK NOT!!! LOL... we're gonna miss you this year.

worse comes to worse --- anybody got a couple of kids wagons that might hold scuba gear? :wink:
park on one of the other streets/lots and haul it over

Yeah, but was her regulator [-]INTENTIONALLY[/-] loosely placed on her tank valve? I THINK NOT!!! LOL... we're gonna miss you this year.
Gonna miss you too, man! Have fun..

jenny.. who needs to find a guy to support her scuba addiction...

Thumbs down for Margaritaville ruining the small town vibe of Hollywood beach! I frequently go there when I want to visit a less crowded beach, at least there will still be street park by north beach for non-diving beach visits.

On another note how does YBR compare to the erojacks further up in dania? I've only dove the latter and every time I planned to do hollywood beach/ybr I end up going back to Dania because I'm already familiar with the site.

Funny you should ask. I just did the jacks this morning, first time in a long time. They are very comparable. But the YBR is a lot shorter swim and you're less likely to see sharks and turtles. But otherwise, you will see the same host of critters. I think there's more fish on the YBR, the jacks covers more territory.

YBR a shorter walk (with all that gear on) and a shorter swim. Erojacks obviously a higher profile, more life growing on the jacks than on the "road blocks" but healthy life abounds in both areas.

That you both for the insight, I think I'll dive YBR sometime this week.

And yes that trek/swim out to the jacks in full gear is quite brutal, especially the return trip!

Got another dive in on Saturday. With it being high tide and a steady breeze, we opted drop down early to avoid getting beat up on the surface. A bit surgy down below and vis wasn't particularly good. Once out on the reef though, it did open up and we were treated with some tarpon sightings. Woot! Also found a bazillion sailfin blennies and a couple tiger gobies. Woot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom