hollywood rock pile yellow brick road question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...i didn't like the "moonshine" since it was flavored with tamarind

Tamarind??? There's no tamarind in the hills of Tennessee and Kentucky. I've only had clear, which damn near dropped me, then clear but the jar is stuffed with cherries, and apple pie which tastes like, well, liquid apple pie fighting back.

With all that rum being swilled down there washing down all the rum cake and rum balls, who is protecting the turtle nests from the turtle nest protectors?

lol... it was made in puerto rico :) flavored with the tamarind and brown sugar

i'm not even going near the beach this holiday weekend.... too hard to find parking...

Tamarind??? There's no tamarind in the hills of Tennessee and Kentucky. I've only had clear, which damn near dropped me, then clear but the jar is stuffed with cherries, and apple pie which tastes like, well, liquid apple pie fighting back.

With all that rum being swilled down there washing down all the rum cake and rum balls, who is protecting the turtle nests from the turtle nest protectors?
No drinking and turtle watching.. :poke::whip: The good rum, is to toast the babies as they make their way to the gulfstream sargassum beds after a successful hatchout. Wednesday night was one such time. However we had 94 disorient to the lights. Thank God we were there to rescue them.

Last night was crazy on the beach.. all those drunks and stupidity on the beach. Imagine.. no respect for the nests. :shakehead:

And the bad news is that looks sucky this weekend, might not get one last dive in at the YBR before the lot closes. :(

where is the next closest place to park you think? maybe a cart or something to carry gear with a bike lock to lock it down while diving?

Garfield parking garage is only a few blocks north, not a bad swim.. much closer than say, swimming to the jacks... very doable... And any of those side streets, as long as we can get a spot should be fine..

---------- Post added July 5th, 2013 at 02:14 PM ----------

And the resort hits another snag..
Hollywood's long-anticipated Margaritaville beach resort has hit a development snag with Broward County. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Read the story.. did I read it right?
The snag centers on evaluations of how the project affects roads and public services. Hollywood said existing surveys were adequate, but Broward County, using a property record dating back to the 1920s, wants a new survey done.

So, did Hollywood use records from the 1920's, or is that is what Broward County is referring to..

Parking is sparse.. get there early in the morning for one of about 10 spaces and your golden. Otherwise prepare to hike... Parking next street south also.

1385590_10151666549238531_1423386974_n.jpg

Fond memories of a YBR dive.....lots of rocks close in, then the real Yellow Brick Road, replete with surface swimming wannabee spearos, a spotted moray, more fishies than I could list even if I had any clue as to what they were, and two hours underwater with a good friend.

Let's do it again, man!

Woot!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom