hollywood rock pile yellow brick road question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the updates..

Thanks for the updates..

no problem... this is stuff we need to know since it affects us directly.
i've never been to Seatech ledges yet.. the signs on the beach say no swimming out past 50 yards.. and it's life guards till 5pm. I take it they don't hassle divers with flags? or do you just wait until after the lifeguards leave?

kayak launch is permitted north of the pier that i know. should i anchor the yak or tow it? i need to get a flag pole that'll attach to the yak somehow. (OK Drifter)

no problem... this is stuff we need to know since it affects us directly.
i've never been to Seatech ledges yet.. the signs on the beach say no swimming out past 50 yards.. and it's life guards till 5pm. I take it they don't hassle divers with flags? or do you just wait until after the lifeguards leave?

kayak launch is permitted north of the pier that i know. should i anchor the yak or tow it? i need to get a flag pole that'll attach to the yak somehow. (OK Drifter)

I just posted a blog post about my dive last Sunday at the SeaTech Ledges in Dania Beach.
SCUBA REVIEW: SeaTech Ledges | Dania Beach | South Florida Scuba Diving

You can dive the SeaTech Ledges when the liveguards are there, but you need to enter the beach/ocean from the SOUTH end of the beach (near the Dania Grill/Bar).

The ledges are about two pier lengths out. A FLAG IS A MUST!

Soo.. what's the big deal about GPS coordinates? If you miss the YBR, there is still reef around. In fact, the ledge that is running parallel to the shore and at the very beginning of the rock pile is especially nice going north. It breaks up a bit going south, but still nice.

Soo.. what's the big deal about GPS coordinates?

Nice to have numbers, you never know when you may want to do the dive by boat sometime !
I understand the crowd that keeps their numbers close to the vest but it's not like the YBR is
an uncharted wreck or anything like that !

Soo.. what's the big deal about GPS coordinates? If you miss the YBR, there is still reef around. In fact, the ledge that is running parallel to the shore and at the very beginning of the rock pile is especially nice going north. It breaks up a bit going south, but still nice.

because GPS are fun toys? or just wanting to know exactly where something is. desire to make the spot(s) easier to find for those spots that are public domain? i freely admit nothing wrong with ledge running parallel to the shore and deserves to be checked out on it's own.

Maybe its just me... But I really have no desire to do a boat dive if I can do it by shore. Lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom