Hollis DG03 won't go into Set mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a new Hollis DG03 3 gas computer and it will not go into set up mode! It has 0 dives and is new from the box. I press 'S' and the computer turns on, counts down and bees with the red LED & shows me Bat Good. This appears to be normal. 'S' selects Norm, Gauge or Free. I selected Norm. 'A' button keeps scrolling me through the Norm. So far this all appears to be normal as part of what the instructions say. When I press the 'S' & 'A' buttons simultaneously, the computer just scrolls through like it only recognizes the 'A' button. Using a $400 computer cannot be this difficult!

I also want to note that since I have a Mac, the little minidisc of their instruction manual has been a nuisance to download. I was able to download the manual onto my PC tower hard drive, copy it to a thumb drive and then onto my Mac. The other aspects of the software & USB interface are fairly useless to me since I did not receive a USB cable. I am ready to return this lovely paperweight, but wanted to know if anyone can help me.

Thanks for posting AlaskaDiver and apologize for the inconvenience. You are pressing the correct buttons to reach SET mode, although please call our customer service department so we can determine whether there isn't an issue with the gauge -- 510-729-5110. We can also give you a heads up on the download cable at that time.

Best Regards,

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom