Hogarthian Diving; DIR Diving, whats the difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa, I'm all for GUE. I'm taking fundies next month. Also, GUE dropped the DIR moniker because people were getting offended. Now the challenge is just getting the rest of the GUE/UTD people to quit using DIR.

Ranier, Get over what?

Gombessa, I'm all for GUE. I'm taking fundies next month. Also, GUE dropped the DIR moniker because people were getting offended. Now the challenge is just getting the rest of the GUE/UTD people to quit using DIR.

Ranier, Get over what?

Right, its always those other diving police nazis. Like this guy...

I'm not a fan of the term DIR. "Doing It Right" is very arrogant. Who says that the rec divers are Doing It Wrong? If they were doing it wrong they'd all be dead. They are diving how they want to dive and I dive the way that I want to dive. It's the team diving thing that I believe in.

I'm doing the way I think is right, who has the right to tell me otherwise?

Yup! I'm a DIR nazi. That's why I dive with people who don't have GUE/UTD training and why I work at a shop that doesn't like GUE. You hit the nail right on the head.

What is it that the shop doesn't like about GUE? Perception? Are they familiar with GUE's training curriculum? Is it because they heard the term DIR associated with GUE?

That is why my LDS doesn't like them and tries to turn people away from them. I work there as a DM and I wear the new GUE Scooter Diver shirt as often as possible. I can not wait to take Fundies.
---
To the OP, Hogtharian diving was there first and I believe post #2 summed it all up.

What is it that the shop doesn't like about GUE? Perception? Are they familiar with GUE's training curriculum? Is it because they heard the term DIR associated with GUE?

Pretty much the perception. All they see is Halcyon and call it the devil.

Pretty much the perception. All they see is Halcyon and call it the devil.
Yeah the devil is in everything Halcyon makes :rofl3:

Unfortunately I have some "H" gear, so I guess I would fall into the devils trap. At least Halcyon has a great warranty, and for the most part only puts their name on top quality products.

I have some H gear too. I think it's great. But I don't want to pay the premium for the H name and logo.

There are a few things H makes that are really quite good, with few peers. Their oral-inflate SMBs, wetnotes, and if you like balanced p-valves, IMO. Bigger ticket items like backplates and wings and lights? Plenty of less expensive alternatives out there that are also very, very good.

Yup! I'm a DIR nazi. That's why I dive with people who don't have GUE/UTD training and why I work at a shop that doesn't like GUE. You hit the nail right on the head.

Excellent. Be sure to check that their cards have not expired too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom