Hogarthian Diving; DIR Diving, whats the difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz, in a lot of sites where there is a GUE presence in place, an effort is made to have "GUE demo days" at regular intervals. There's your opportunity to "try before you buy".

Sounds fair, looking forward to it.

P.S. don't lose the brand just yet, "Kool-Aide" works somehow...

What did you find out about the demo days? Times, dates?

Never did primer but was in the water with a few students before and after the class. What a major change in control. Good luck in class! :D

Thanks Mayor, I am really looking forward to this class. I was just looking at the water temps there for May, OMG! I just finished a weekend at Rawlings with 46-50 water temps and 33 air temps, diving wet of course, and never thought I would thaw out.

Thanks Mayor, I am really looking forward to this class. I was just looking at the water temps there for May, OMG! I just finished a weekend at Rawlings with 46-50 water temps and 33 air temps, diving wet of course, and never thought I would thaw out.

You will be working in 25 feet of water before the first temp change. My guess would be mid 50's if we ever get some warm weather. After the dive they have warm showers only a few yards from Bob's trailer. Whatever the conditions it's going to be a great learning experience for you.

Maybe at some point we could do a dive together. :D

Dude...drysuit... :wink:

Peace,
Greg

Dude...drysuit... :wink:

Peace,
Greg

LOL!

What does not kill you can only make you stronger, right???:confused: Anyways, I like the shade of purple for my lips, fingers, and toes.

I did the DUI Dog Days last year and hated the drysuit. I promised them I would come back again this year and give it one more try.

You will be working in 25 feet of water before the first temp change. My guess would be mid 50's if we ever get some warm weather. After the dive they have warm showers only a few yards from Bob's trailer. Whatever the conditions it's going to be a great learning experience for you.

Maybe at some point we could do a dive together. :D

Would love to, we are only 5 hours apart. I will suffer whatever conditions to get the most of out this class. If I can do 5 dives in 33-50 degree air temps and water temps from mid 40's-50, I can most anything. I think.:D

LOL!

What does not kill you can only make you stronger, right???:confused: Anyways, I like the shade of purple for my lips, fingers, and toes.

I did the DUI Dog Days last year and hated the drysuit. I promised them I would come back again this year and give it one more try.

I remember my first drysuit dive. It really felt like trying to move around the water while inside of a partially inflated balloon (gee, I wonder why??)! But it only takes a couple of dives to overcome that feeling, and maybe 10 dives total to really start feeling comfortable with the additional mechanisms of adding/venting/controlling gas in the suit. The effort is well worth the extreme difference in warmth you get with it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom