HMAS Adelaide Being Sunk 27th March On Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some people will not give up... They have their minds made up and not interested in reality!

I am just hoping that she is sunk sometime this year.

Drove past the Marine Discovery Center on Ocean View Drive this morning and there were protesters with signs out the front. Probably 20 or so.
I assume they are the no ship people as they had one sign with no ship written on it and a big red X across it.
I could be wrong, there didnt seem to be any organisation to it.
Some sign said something about Newcastle University ruining it all or something. Not sure what thats about. Got to be honest I only slowed down because the lights were red.

Call to stop scuttling as sister ship breaks up

I'm trying to find the writers email to ask him why the NSAG is called an "environmental group"

how Michelle Meares came by the structural drawings for both ships and whether there was any discussion as to whether she has the right credentials to actually read said drawings... someone should really call ASIO if they've been leaked!?

where she came by the data of the tipping angle and whether the same seabase conditions are common to the two areas (i don't believe they are... )

why there isn't an event at Avoca on the pro surfing tour if swells "regularly" reach 5m (which transpires to a 6m+ surf)

perhaps I'm being oversensitive, but I'm wondering why the media has been so one sided... the artificial reef project should be defending the sinking more publically instead of letting the NSAG dominate the reports.

yeah, it will break up ... any sunk ship will eventually , and I like the part aboot if it's on it's side it will ... "not be able to be used as a diving wreck.''
The HMCS Yukon has only ever been on it's side, has been that way for over 10 years ... and still seams to be attracting divers world wide to dive her

This article is from this mornings Central Coast Express.
It is really 2 articles, one on the no ship people and the other one about a brilliant partnership between Newcastle Univeristy and the Marine Center.

In the article the no ship people mention the EX HMAS Canberra and things washing up on the beach, i tried googling it and couldnt find anything.

Attachments

• wfi034.jpg
    wfi034.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: D_B
This is from Wednesdays Express Advocate. (No copyright intended)

Attachments

• wfi038.jpg
    wfi038.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 67
  • wfi036.jpg
    wfi036.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 57
They won't give up will they.. nice they are so concerned about the safety of the divers now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom