HMAS Adelaide Being Sunk 27th March On Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is an information night on Thursday 24th Feb. 2011 at 7 pm
On Artificial reefs and the Adelaide project.
Cowne Plaza Terrigal, in the ball room.

These articles are from todays Central Coast Express Advocate. (No copyright intended)
The last two articles actually are 1 page from the newspaper but my scanner couldnt get it all in so I halved it. The first one is the top section and the second one the bottom section.

Attachments

• wfi039.jpg
    wfi039.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 62
  • wfi040.jpg
    wfi040.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 63
  • wfi041.jpg
    wfi041.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for the updates Tracy!

Thank you Tracy

I hope that many who are close to, or are, sitting on the fence aboot the sinking, attend this meeting and this will change their view..
I know it will not change the view of any of those that have closed their minds, nothing will ... because facts do not enter into the picture with them

Sure appreciate the updates and dying to hear about this meeting! BTW link didn't work for me:(

Hi guys

Sorry link didnt work. Was in to much of a rush to the information night I think.

Well we got her for April 13th. Yes it is a Wednesday but in the middle of school holidays here in NSW and they said because they needed to book all the tugs for this with at least 6 weeks notice as well as easier for transportation, holidays for families etc.
I can tell you though I am pretty sure a lot of people will be off work that morning :-}
including me lol.

The meeting was great, very informative.
As they stated from the beginning it was an information night about artificial reefs and the Adelaide project, not a rally however there was a security and police presence. A first time I have ever been to an information night with that type of presence there.
They laid out some ground rules of respecting people talking, write questions down to be addressed at the end of the evening etc.
There seemed to be a lot of people from Avoca which was good I believe as they had been given a lot of wrong information and in my thought propaganda.
Only 1 guy seemed to be disrespectful and has a limited vocabulary. Bulls&^t isnt really something to yell out over and over if you disagree with something or make a ruckus at the end.
Overall quite interesting and talked about the positives of the wreck to the environment and economy.

There is also a web site for an online petition to support hte sinking
Sink Our Ship

Hi guys

Sorry link didnt work. Was in to much of a rush to the information night I think.

Well we got her for April 13th. Yes it is a Wednesday but in the middle of school holidays here in NSW and they said because they needed to book all the tugs for this with at least 6 weeks notice as well as easier for transportation, holidays for families etc.
I can tell you though I am pretty sure a lot of people will be off work that morning :-}
including me lol.

The meeting was great, very informative.
As they stated from the beginning it was an information night about artificial reefs and the Adelaide project, not a rally however there was a security and police presence. A first time I have ever been to an information night with that type of presence there.
They laid out some ground rules of respecting people talking, write questions down to be addressed at the end of the evening etc.
There seemed to be a lot of people from Avoca which was good I believe as they had been given a lot of wrong information and in my thought propaganda.
Only 1 guy seemed to be disrespectful and has a limited vocabulary. Bulls&^t isnt really something to yell out over and over if you disagree with something or make a ruckus at the end.
Overall quite interesting and talked about the positives of the wreck to the environment and economy.

There is also a web site for an online petition to support hte sinking
Sink Our Ship

Thanks for the link... I will go sign it now. Thanks for keeping us informed.. maybe we will be able to connect with you to dive the reef:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom