Hinged fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boga:
Surprising, with such a high price !!
I love the idea, but I'm stopped for being so overpriced.

I own another "revolutionary" design scuba item: this Proear2000 diving mask, that keep your ears dry, and they are not so overpriced
9.jpg

This will keep your ears dry too, but you don't see anyone wearing them on a recreational dive boat.

17_lg.jpg

bureau13:
If they're selling "like hotcakes" then by definition they are not overpriced! I don't understand why people don't get that...

jds

One of the inhearent laws of SCUBA is "if there is an new fangled piece of gear available, there are divers out there that WILL buy it".

I got a chance to try out a pair of the prototypes, a friend of mine who is a dive shop owner received them and after only 5 dives, one hinge broke, and the other continued to flip up. The blades are already starting to lose shape to which is very disappointing. Also to be the blades seem very basic for such a high priced fin. In my opinion this product has ALOT of bugs to be worked out and at the moment is not worth the money.

scuba pirate:
I got a chance to try out a pair of the prototypes, a friend of mine who is a dive shop owner received them and after only 5 dives, one hinge broke, and the other continued to flip up. The blades are already starting to lose shape to which is very disappointing. Also to be the blades seem very basic for such a high priced fin. In my opinion this product has ALOT of bugs to be worked out and at the moment is not worth the money.

Probably because he had an old prototype that had alot of problems. I have gone thru 5 sets of prototypes...all getting better each time until the one we have now with no problems.....All things have problems when they are "Prototypes" Thats why they arent production.....there is a big difference between what the prototypes were and what the fin that is now on the market(as of yesterday) is....

We helped with alot of the testing and suggestions and I can promise you that the new fin has none of the problems that the prototypes had....but again prototypes are for tweaking:wink:

Mike

Even if the production fins have all the problems worked out that the prototypes had. They are still WAY WAY overpriced for a fin that simply flips up so you can walk in them. If they were in the $110-150 price range then I would think they would be properly priced. I judge a fin on how they work IN the water not OUT of it. In the water they are still very mediocre when they are working properly and not crapping out compared to other fins.

Anything that has a hinge will eventually break.

the K

cool design. given the price i assume they include electric foot massagers and you can listen to MP3s when you hold them to your ears(?) the biggest advantage is of course that you don't need to pack any pair of shoes when going on vacation. they will be all the rage around town. next stop: the flip up ski.

scuba pirate:
Even if the production fins have all the problems worked out that the prototypes had. They are still WAY WAY overpriced for a fin that simply flips up so you can walk in them. If they were in the $110-150 price range then I would think they would be properly priced. I judge a fin on how they work IN the water not OUT of it. In the water they are still very mediocre when they are working properly and not crapping out compared to other fins.

If they were broken and not working right, like in your first post...How do you know how they work underwater?:11:

Lone Frogman:
Do the flip fins have a lifetime guarantee? What is covered?

Chad Carney:
Yes they do, and it's not just a one owner warranty. Straps and buckles are the only exclusions.

Are they guaranteed not to break a couple thousand feeet back in a cave?

Are they any good at swimming backwards?

Boga:
Surprising, with such a high price !!
I love the idea, but I'm stopped for being so overpriced.

I own another "revolutionary" design scuba item: this Proear2000 diving mask, that keep your ears dry, and they are not so overpriced
9.jpg

That mask is a nice idea. I have two honest questions about it though, since you have been diving it.

--If it gets knocked off and/or floods then wouldn't you have to clear all the chambers.
--If you get a leak in one of those hoses (caught, age, etc) are there replacements or do you just have to get a new mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom