High Pressure Miflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put all MiFlex Lp hoses on my regs for trips to Palau and Coz and they were flawless. I tell divers on the boat that the MiFlex primary hose is the closest thing to a remote control second stage that you will ever feel. The octo hose is so flexible that I can loop it up through a D ring and it always stay there until I pull it free with a slight tug. I'm diving with the HP hose tomorrow in West Palm Beach, it's so thin it looks like a shoelace in my dive bag. Highly recommended.
DMdoogie

I used the MiFlex HP hose for the first time today and I loved it. It's not stiff under pressure. I use a console with compass to navigate for the dive group, and the hose made it easy to move the compass in any direction without the stiff hose restricting the movement. However, the hose is so thin and light that it's easy to slip it under a strap when gearing up, but I'll easily get used to that. The hose also flipped over my head when I jumped in, but that was easy to straighten out.
It's so flexible that I recommend a shorter hose than you think you need. I got the 36" one, like my old hose, but would have been better off with the 30". Divers with stage and deco bottles will love the 6" hose.
Highly recommended,
DMdoogie

I use an Oceanic Computer with a quick disconnect, is there any way to convert to a Miflex hose and keep this feature. I already use the LP hoses and love them.

For the oceanic, you must remove the quick disconnect part and the O ring, and install a HP spool W/out the O ring

Last edited:
I have used the Miflex LP hoses for about a year now and love them. They are so flexible and easy to use.

I now have 2 dives on the HP hose. It is so skinny, I had to come up with a different way of clipping my spg to my bc. It was worth it. I'm going to replace my other HP hose on my space reg.

Ken

It is so skinny, I had to come up with a different way of clipping my spg to my bc.

Explain?

I have been thinking of replacing my hoses and from reading here I have just made up my mind.

I have used the Miflex LP hoses for about a year now and love them. They are so flexible and easy to use.

I now have 2 dives on the HP hose. It is so skinny, I had to come up with a different way of clipping my spg to my bc. It was worth it. I'm going to replace my other HP hose on my space reg.

Ken

My old clip went around the hose instead of clipping to the SPG. With the new skinny HP hose, I had to clip directly to the SPG. I just changed my clip and I'm all set now.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom