High Pressure Miflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
So I walk into Scubatoys this afternoon for a $4.50 fill. I walk out with almost $200 worth of impulse buys. (Damn that place!) One of these was new Miflex High Pressure hoses for my Conshelf and Mikron traveling regulator sets. I think I made off with their entire first shipment. I took them straight out of the box and didn't see any more 24". There was a 36" but who needs that? No HP hoses on the wall with the rest of the Miflex stuff.

OMG these things are skinny! I'm talking 1/4" OD. Imagine how much less drag I'm going to have now! :eyebrow: I probably won't have to kick at all. I'll just glide through the water.

So I walk into Scubatoys this afternoon for a $4.50 fill. I walk out with almost $200 worth of impulse buys. (Damn that place!)

LOL, I have the same problem.

My LDS guy's eye's light up every time I walk in!

I'm a bit of a gear hound, so I love going home and playing with my new toys before hitting the water.

I use their hoses on all my regs and drysuit/BCD inflation hoses, but I kinda like the thick feel of my SPG hose when I reach down for it with heavy dry suit gloves on. I often reach down and back hit the hose and run my hand along it to the SPG which is bungeed at the bottom my BC or plate on a D, I don’t know if the light weight and almost not there feel would work for me. How are they working for other people??

I use their hoses on all my regs and drysuit/BCD inflation hoses, but I kinda like the thick feel of my SPG hose when I reach down for it with heavy dry suit gloves on. I often reach down and back hit the hose and run my hand along it to the SPG which is bungeed at the bottom my BC or plate on a D, I donÃÕ know if the light weight and almost not there feel would work for me. How are they working for other people??

I have heard mostly positive comments from people we shipped them to last week. Of course, everyone remarks on how small they are, but I have not had anyone complain that this causes them a problem. I have had several people tell me that they lay very nicely against the rig when using brass and glass gauges clipped off properly.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

I took them straight out of the box and didn't see any more 24". There was a 36" but who needs that? No HP hoses on the wall with the rest of the Miflex stuff.

My LDS seems to have them in stock and available for on-line ordering if anyone is looking for them...

Miflex HP Hoses in-stock at www.DiveSeekers.com

As someone else pointed out, they are pretty slick with an OD about the size of a pencil.

So I walk into Scubatoys this afternoon for a $4.50 fill. I walk out with almost $200 worth of impulse buys. (Damn that place!) One of these was new Miflex High Pressure hoses for my Conshelf and Mikron traveling regulator sets. I think I made off with their entire first shipment. I took them straight out of the box and didn't see any more 24". There was a 36" but who needs that? No HP hoses on the wall with the rest of the Miflex stuff.

OMG these things are skinny! I'm talking 1/4" OD. Imagine how much less drag I'm going to have now! :eyebrow: I probably won't have to kick at all. I'll just glide through the water.

...wouldn't it be simplier to just have your paychecks direct deposited at Scubatoys ? :D

...wouldn't it be simplier to just have your paychecks direct deposited at Scubatoys ? :D

One of my dive buddies worked there for a while. I think he had write them a check at the end of each pay period. :D He couldn't afford to work there any longer so he quit to go the local police academy.

I kind of agree with the thick, heavy theory when diving dry with heavy gloves. I didn't get new hoses for those regs. Just the travel / summer gear. Did I mention that I spend too much money in dive shops?

I saw some of these hoses at my LDS the other day when I also went in for some fills. so, silly me I ask how much? The owner of the LDS wanted to charge me 100.00 for a 36 inch hose for my second stage. Now that seems a little high, since I can buy a 40 inch hose for 44.00. Which was the nail in the coffin for my LDS, now don't get me wrong I am all for people making money and I am for spending, but after a series of go around with this guy jacking around with his pricing I am pretty much done with his shop.

This is about the hose's, I like they are lighter and stronger. Will they help with jaw fatigue?

Sorry about the wine and cheez :-D

Joe

This is about the hose's, I like they are lighter and stronger. Will they help with jaw fatigue?

I do notice less pulling on both my primary and back-up regs; for the same length hose, greater flexibility should mean less "tension" on the hose to the reg in your mouth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom