Hey Scott - about this backplate:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doubles

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greetings Scott

I am preping for my trip to Australia and want to put the bladder from my old Ranger BC onto my AL BP and not dive my Little Bertha which would be overkill for an AL 80

Do you recommend connecting that bladder to the holes closet to the center of the BP or on the outside set?

The tri-bar is different on the Ranger bladder than the Little Bertha in that the Ranger bladder has fabric on the center bar. Do you usually put a washer over that or just tighten the Nylock nut down on top of if?

Cheers

Steve

Conect the bladder to the holes on the outside. The inside holes are for our smaller, single bag bladders....

As far as the tri-bars go....they are supposed to put the webbing through one side, leaving the other side with only stainless steel, so that you can attach the bolt and nuts without hitting the webbing. If yours ins't like that, I would use a washer. If you want it fixed on down the line, let me know and we will do it....

Hope that helps...

Scott

Thanks Scott

It helps a lot. I will get some stainless washers and then get with you about it when we get back in November

cheers

Steve

Back
Top Bottom