Hero3 Video Editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using Corel VideoStudio Pro X4,5,6 for years with successful results.
I also used Nero Ultimate and Ulead something something. I also used quicktime pro.

You can create videos even using something as basic as absolutely free windows media editor.

Corel is a powerful mid of the range video editing package. Granted it is not as fancy shmancy as it could be but if you are an average joe it will be 27 times the program you actually need.

I work directly with 60fps footage and it works fine in original format which is .mp4. Likewise I can import all the way up to 4K resolution into my corel although cropping feature is completely retarded. It will not allow you to crop 2.7 or 4K to 1080 on account that only cropping feature it does have operates in % and not in pixels. That is about as useful as ... well I won't use foul language here. It does allow me to "full resolution" the video so I can move frame where I need and when it exports it exports where I panned to without having to crop. Not the best way of doing it but it works like a charm.

I've been using Sony Vegas Pro and it's pretty darn robust. Only thing I've uses that more powerful is Adobe Premiere. Reason I don't use Premiere is because mine is a slightly older version which has lousy support for the newer resolutions.

---------- Post added September 5th, 2013 at 05:38 PM ----------

I work directly with 60fps footage and it works fine in original format which is .mp4.
I don't have to much luck with this. Being that .mp4 is compressed, my editor doesn't function as smoothly and the preview video plays really jerky. I export the clips that I plan on using to uncompressed .avi then use them in my editor. Everything moves much more smoothly that way.

Back
Top Bottom