Hero3 Video Editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does premiere elements work with 2.7k? I have PowerDirector 10 and it just turns terrible with 2.7 processing

Thanks!

You need to upgrade to Power Director 11 for 2.7K

---------- Post added May 3rd, 2013 at 05:44 PM ----------

I run windows 7 -64bit
My computer specs are:
AMD 8350 (8 Core)
5gb samsung SSD
16g Ram
GeForce 560

I am definitely limited by my graphics card at the moment but it is still a solid card. Thanks for the info people but I would love if you would keep it coming!

Can't run FCXP :D or FCXP7 Your cheapest option may be a Power Director upgrade.

For Windows, Power Director 11, Pinnacle Studio and Sony Vegas are the optimal choice. For Mac users, Final Cut Pro and iMovie are the choice. But what I want to mention is that I found the GoPro HD MPEG-4 files are not supported well by these None Linear Editing software. Personally I installed a Pinnacle Studio 16 on my PC, when I importing the GoPro to it, it only has audio. I applied brorsoft video converter to transcode these mp4 files finally. If you meet any similar trouble, you can try it or find a better solution.

well, I think ShowBiz might be your good choice.
It's video making software that support almost all common seen video files including avi, vob, mpg, mpeg, wmv, mp4, 3gp, mov, ts, mkv, flv, and so forth.You can make your own movie from either video clips or still photos. For me, this is the imovie for pc that have the best balance on functions and price

For Windows, Power Director 11, Pinnacle Studio and Sony Vegas are the optimal choice. For Mac users, Final Cut Pro and iMovie are the choice. But what I want to mention is that I found the GoPro HD MPEG-4 files are not supported well by these None Linear Editing software. Personally I installed a Pinnacle Studio 16 on my PC, when I importing the GoPro to it, it only has audio. I applied brorsoft video converter to transcode these mp4 files finally. If you meet any similar trouble, you can try it or find a better solution.

MPEG Streamclip is considered the fastest and most reliable program for open source transcoding. Final Cut Pro X can also transcode GoPro files to ProRes for efficient editing.

It appears the thread has taken the direction of breaking down the clips before editing, information is lost in the process, question is, is more lost in breaking down for editing or in rendering after editing?

You can break it down (Handbrake etc) enough to work n just about any program

If you are going to reduce the clip to 640 more or less, why shoot in 2.7 in the first place, would be easier to shoot at lower quality and avoid the intermediate step.

I have used FCPX, iMovie and Power Director 11. Out of all of them FCPX enables you to expand on your skills and types of videography work that you may want to do in the future. I use a 2010 iMac and do find the rendering times to be slow which is only a problem if you are on a deadline to get a project done.

FCPX is the only one of the 3 that can do 2.7K but I can't remember if it will import 4K. I am sure that will be an upgrade in the future. There is a simple auto color balance button that works most of the time for my videos but other times I need to tweak with the in depth color correction features. It is definitely a step above iMovie but yet not overwhelming. The key is to only learn what you are using/needing now for your projects. Otherwise, you don't use it ..... you forget it.

Power Director and iMovie are both easy to use but iMovie provides more of a "complete" application with more built in features like transitions, effects, etc...

I was totally a PC person until I need to get more into video editing and that is when I made the decision that Mac was the way to go. I would definitely recommend the iMac vs a laptop or mini.

Check out my videos to see what I have been able to do with the Go Pro and Sony Nex 5 underwater. www.UnderwaterHuntress.com

Happy to assist with any other questions you may have.

Completely agree about FCP as above. I was finding I was wanting to do a few things with iMovie (OSX) didn't do. Heck I was using iMovie iPad for a while as it was all I needed at the time! A great product.

FCPX was cheap! Off the App Store and within 15mins I had it working, and managed to do all the things I wanted that iMovie couldn't.

I've heard a lot of pros have complained that FCPX was a step back from previous versions. Maybe. I don't know. But I have to say FCPX is very intuitive and a great stepping stone to more professional level editing.

I'm sure on the new MacPro video there was talk of 4k real time editing.

Regards

Rich.

If you want to produce pro-level video, then your choice is Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, but both are crazy amounts of money for an amateur.
For basic but competent editing, Windows Movie Maker is extremely good. I also use AppGeeker as a really quick and easy way of editing clips ready for converting, it integrates editing and conversion all in one place.

www.appgeeker.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom