HERO 10 Black: WARNING!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did 2 videos. Both 5.3 K - 30 FPS - lens wide - Hypersmooth Boost - Duration 1 minute each video - sharpness high. Downloaded them both on my iPhone XS. Downloaded in 20 seconds.

downloaded the davinci software. Still have same problem with video playback...

from Device Manufacturer​

‪Microsoft Corporation‬
‪Utilities & tools‬

Play High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) videos in any video app on your Windows 10 device. These extensions are designed to take advantage of hardware capabilities on some newer devices— including those with an Intel 7th Generation Core processor and newer GPU to support 4K and Ultra HD content. For devices that don’t have hardware support for HEVC videos, software support is provided, but the playback experience might vary based on the video resolution and PC performance. These extensions also let you encode HEVC content on devices that don’t have a hardware-based video encoder.
More
Entertainment Software Rating Board
EVERYONE

HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer is currently not available.

yeah bought and installed the codec that was listed before. No change in performance. Very strange that the videos play PERFECTLY on my computer when viewing them under the two microsoft applications "movies and TV" and also "windows media player".

However still can edit the videos or do anything with them.

I really do appreciate the help.

Well it is Sunday and Sunday is a good day for confessions, right?

My video editing software seems to work fine with one little trick.

Not sure I completely understand all of this, but when the hero 10 records a video, it makes 3 separate files for each clip. They all have the same name but have 3 different extensions: .mp4, .THM, and .LRV.

My previous go pro cameras would show me only the .mp4 file. I would always import the .mp4 file into the Powerdirector software and that is the default setting for importing video files. I think.

Well if you change the type of file the software is importing from .mp4 to "all files" and then import the .LRV file (rather than the much larger .mp4 file), then the damn thing seems to WORK! Simple as that!

I have not gone through the full process of working with the files, but so far it is working fine for me.

Figured, I have to admit my stupidity ASAP. I was shooting only in 1080, so I may have future problems with bigger files, but pretty happy it is working for me.

Thank you to all the people who tried to provide assistance with this issue, I really did appreciate your help and did try to do what was suggested, as best I could.

LRV files are Low Resolution Videos that it makes for video previews. The THM files are thumbnails that it uses.

If you are only shooting 1080 you can switch from the HEVC codec. You can switch to H.264 + HEVC mode, that will probably give you less issues if you are only recording in 1080 and not at the max frame rate.

Back
Top Bottom