HERO 10 Black: WARNING!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have ordered the GoPro 10 and expect it to arrive later this week. For processing I will be using my MacPro M1 Chip 16 GB memory Big Sur 11.6. Hoping it processes the 4K video and the 5K video ok. Anyone try that type of combination yet?

It has supported HEVC for a while now. I can open my GP10 HEVC files on my 10 year old Macbook Pro that is running Mojave. Granted it looks like a slide show because the processor on my machine is ancient, but it opens.

I personally just edit it on my iPad Pro.

Not really their fault. They are using a technology that is prime for its use but by the video professionals, not by BBQ enthusiasts.
But marketed to BBQ enthusiasts.

And work computers are not easy to get random software installed on. Most large corporations are very restrictive about what they allow to be installed.

But marketed to BBQ enthusiasts.

And work computers are not easy to get random software installed on. Most large corporations are very restrictive about what they allow to be installed.

Don't do personal tasks on work computers.

I won't even check my personal email in a browser window on a work computer.

Shouldn't anyways not just because it isn't ethical but also may be monitoring every keystroke you are making on your computer and keeping records of it too. I have seen this done on many secure environments for organizations that you least expect to go into such measures. Some do it to have evidence against employees just in case they want to get rid of them and can't do it because they don't have a legal reason so they go after computer use policy violations to find an excuse. Employee is gone with zero liability to the employer and full rights to go after the employee with lawsuits just to squash this employee.

Shouldn't anyways not just because it isn't ethical but also may be monitoring every keystroke you are making on your computer and keeping records of it too. I have seen this done on many secure environments for organizations that you least expect to go into such measures. Some do it to have evidence against employees just in case they want to get rid of them and can't do it because they don't have a legal reason so they go after computer use policy violations to find an excuse. Employee is gone with zero liability to the employer and full rights to go after the employee with lawsuits just to squash this employee.

For me it is more about privacy, I like a hard firewall between my private and work lives.

I literally can handover my computer on a moments notice. Of course I am still likely to wipe it before I hand it over if given the chance, but I shouldn't need to.

For me it is more about privacy, I like a hard firewall between my private and work lives.

I literally can handover my computer on a moments notice. Of course I am still likely to wipe it before I hand it over if given the chance, but I shouldn't need to.

Yes, of course. Privacy and security of your own digital life is another concern. I just wrote about what some of the extreme measure employers do to protect themselves but privacy and protection of your own information is another huge concern. There are other reasons one can't think of easily that should be taken into consideration too. At the end, using your work computers and internet to do your own personal work is like taking your work tool box with the tools home to work on your house or car, it ain't right.

I was doing work related GoPro work. Took a video for work. Needed to put it on the network to share. It was even a company GoPro. Work has the GoPro 9. I only have a Hero 4 to my name.

The issue is even the new computers don't have the ability to open the new GoPro files. GoPro doen't have the necessary way of playing or converting the files even in there own software. I took the GoPro home and tried to run it through the couple different versions of software that they provide (on my personal computer) and that would not work either.

I was doing work related GoPro work. Took a video for work. Needed to put it on the network to share. It was even a company GoPro. Work has the GoPro 9. I only have a Hero 4 to my name.

The issue is even the new computers don't have the ability to open the new GoPro files. GoPro doen't have the necessary way of playing or converting the files even in there own software. I took the GoPro home and tried to run it through the couple different versions of software that they provide (on my personal computer) and that would not work either.

In that case IT should be installing the required update or purchase a newer computer.

I'm not being sarcastic, that is literally IT's job. And if they are stopping it then they are stopping you from working. Our job is only to vet that the software is reasonably safe.

And that required software is????
Oh, trying to figure that out. Really hard to tell IT to fix a problem that can't be defined. This file won't open, doesn't get you very far.

And that required software is????
Oh, trying to figure that out. Really hard to tell IT to fix a problem that can't be defined. This file won't open, doesn't get you very far.

The HEVC codec off the Windows Store

Back
Top Bottom