Here we go again...PST tanks marked E9791/SP9791

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The way I understood it, "technically" they can no longer be in operation.. didn't I read something about bleeding down to 50 psi? Or was that just from PSI and not really code?

The PSI "article" first says that "we are just stating facts". However it then goes on to say "these are our opinions, don't interpret them".

IMHO - There may be some "complexity" if you muddy the waters with a business. So a shop may not be allowed to fill and transport their cylinders, but a non-commercial entity (us) is not subject to that. We should be able too get a cylinder filled at a business (dive shop) until it needs requalification....

If someone would like to show me different, I'd humbly accept it, but for now I say BS!
I am glad I'm not the only one!

Straight from them…good news

1668189499058.png

Well, It’s real!!
I went to my LDS today to get a fill in my PST steel 3442 E7-100 with one of those numbers and they wouldn’t fill it. They had the letter from DOT hanging on the wall by the filling station with those numbers highlighted, so no fills for me today! At least not in the 100.
My 120 E-7 3442 is fine.
I never know with scubaboard with half the crap I read, so I thought maybe it was all a bunch of hot air and more sensationalist crap worthy of a thread in the pub perhaps, but nope it’s real.
Good luck.

Well, It’s real!!
I went to my LDS today to get a fill in my PST steel 3442 E7-100 with one of those numbers and they wouldn’t fill it. They had the letter from DOT hanging on the wall by the filling station with those numbers highlighted, so no fills for me today! At least not in the 100.
My 120 E-7 3442 is fine.
I never know with scubaboard with half the crap I read, so I thought maybe it was all a bunch of hot air and more sensationalist crap worthy of a thread in the pub perhaps, but nope it’s real.
Good luck.
Hopefully G3/PST comes through soon..

Well, It’s real!!
My 120 E-7 3442 is fine.
Good luck.

I'd be interested to know what the posted letter they got from the DOT said.

Well, It’s real!!
My 120 E-7 3442 is fine.
Good luck.
I thought all of the PST 3500s and E-7/E-8 3442s were the same SP/exemption. What is the SP stamp on the E-7 120?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom