Here we go again...PST tanks marked E9791/SP9791

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So in other words, even if my dive shop keeps filling and doing VIP’s on both my 3442 tanks (100 and 120), and one day when they finally have to go in for hydro is when they become obsolete?

So in other words, even if my dive shop keeps filling and doing VIP’s on both my 3442 tanks (100 and 120), and one day when they finally have to go in for hydro is when they become obsolete?
I guess so ..maybe invest in some stamps.

[snip]
HOWEVER, until that occurs, these cylinders should be marked as “Rejected”, reduced in gas capacity (if filled) to approximately 50psig, and set aside in a safe manner in storage. If / when the USDOT has made their determination we will provide an update to this announcement.

Officially, after 2022.09.30 their use is verboten, no-bueno, interdit ...

Shhhhhhhh ... Admit nothing. You never heard a thing.

Officially, after 2022.09.30 their use is verboten, no-bueno, interdit ...

Shhhhhhhh ... Admit nothing. You never heard a thing.
I’d bet everyone knows that but will turn a blind eye (hydros aside) until its resolved.

I’ll bet most LDS’s will not have a clue about this and will just keep filling and doing VIP’s until the tank runs out of hydro.
Pitty.
Now if you can just find an experienced, but not up-to-date hydro shop. :wink:

I’ll bet most LDS’s will not have a clue about this and will just keep filling and doing VIP’s until the tank runs out of hydro.
Pitty.

Not the LDS’s that I frequent, they had the expiry notices posted in late September and won’t touch any affected cylinders, mine or others, right now. :(

Not the LDS’s that I frequent, they had the expiry notices posted in late September and won’t touch any affected cylinders, mine or others, right now. :(

yeah all the dive shops have signs here as well and won't touch the things.

I called G3 the company that acquired PST and asked about the renewal. The customer service rep hadn’t heard about this yet and asked that I forward them the recently expired permit to her email. I was expecting loads of people to have called them but that wasn’t the case. She seemed interested in making her boss aware so maybe they will help..who knows.

I contacted G3 through a direct email address and their online contact form a wile back. No response, but never really expected that they'd respond to some rando anyway. It's unlikely that some phone answer-er is gong to know anything about 20yr old scuba tanks let alone DOT regs.

If anyone has any they want to sell in FL, please contact me.

Back
Top Bottom