Help with planning a Coz dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Outbound

Where are you in Michigan? Always looking for other local divers to meet up with or travel with!

We just got back from Coz four days ago. We stayed at Blue Angel and rented a beetle from ISIS.

We've stayed at Blue Angel for almost 20 years, on recommendations of posters here. I'm happy with it. But it hasn't changed in those years except vas changed by hurricanes. And it is most definitely on the rustic side of the spectrum. For someone sensitive to it, the road noise is likely to be an issue. And if you're looking for a beach, there's not one. There is a pool, and the rooms have balconies. The restaurant is nice and friendly, although not the bargain it once was.

The beetle from ISIS is still $35 with insurance, and I wasn't even given the option to buy anything additional. I was told that if I wrecked it I'd have to pay a deductible, and if I got a flat tire I'd have to pay $10 for a patch. I charged it on a card that covers me, but I realized afterwards that he didn't actually charge my card until the return. Fortunately, I didn't have to find out if that mattered.

We used to walk at least one way into town from BA every night for dinner. The walk seems longer now that I'm a little older, especially with kids complaining about the heat. I think the cab ride was ~90 pesos, depending on exactly what the end points were.

But it hasn't changed in those years except vas changed by hurricanes.
Well, the current owner did raise the lawn around the pool. And the price doubled.

We used to walk at least one way into town from BA every night for dinner. The walk seems longer now that I'm a little older, especially with kids complaining about the heat. I think the cab ride was ~90 pesos, depending on exactly what the end points were.
$4 USD is too cheap for me to have ever had walked it.

I met the new owner and her husband on my last stay there years ago. He mentioned the challenge of getting workmen to put the C handle on the cold faucet as they wanted to put it on the hot for caliente. I think there have been other improvements with plumbing, air conditioners, etc.

I met the new owner and her husband on my last stay there years ago. He mentioned the challenge of getting workmen to put the C handle on the cold faucet as they wanted to put it on the hot for caliente. I think there have been other improvements with plumbing, air conditioners, etc.
Ah, yes, that explains the faucets. Definitely not upgraded in the past six years, but they were labeled. :cool: The biggest complaint I got from the fam was not being able to flush toilet paper. But I gather that's most places on the island.
IMG-20210726-WA0001.jpeg

The biggest complaint I got from the fam was not being able to flush toilet paper. But I gather that's most places on the island.
Most of the world actually. My SIL complained that China doesn't even have toilet paper in public restrooms. One needs to carry a pocket-sized pack of tissues.

Ah, yes, that explains the faucets. Definitely not upgraded in the past six years, but they were labeled. :cool: The biggest complaint I got from the fam was not being able to flush toilet paper. But I gather that's most places on the island.

If they think the C is for caliente, what do they think the H is for?

I met the new owner and her husband...
I don't know if Eva and Roberto were married, but at any rate he is long gone now.

I don't know if Eva and Roberto were married, but at any rate he is long gone now.
I was remembering Tom, except who knows with my memory for names.

Back
Top Bottom