Help with planning a Coz dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was remembering Tom, except who knows with my memory for names.
You could be right; my memory for names is not much better. At any rate, he has been out of the picture for many years.

It's Robert. I was thinking they were married, but not sure. Also, just beneath the restaurant where you can enter for a shore dive, you can see where they put their names in the concrete, if it's still there.

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, I would suggest El Cantil Condos, and what ever dive op you choose in town. I used tres pelicanos and would definitely recommend them. We were right across the street from Chedruai, and two blocks from Mega. Walking any where in town was a cinch. If you wanted take a cab some where in town, walk over to Chedruai to save 50 pesos, it is "in town" the condo is not. Any op keeping a boat north would pick you up at the pier, tres pelicanos, picked us up in their truck once in a while, or would get us a cab to take us to the marina and back at no charge to us. They also have two of the fastest boats on the island, I think we were passed on the water once but that was an empty boat, and we were pretty full.

Also, they let you run your tank down, heavy breathers get extended safety stops, followed by floating at the surface with your own bouy or the guides.

Few, if any, dive ops keep their boats in the north marina.
Salty Endeavors does. We've stopped in there a couple of times while diving up north. The marina was full of boats whoever owned the others.

If you wanted take a cab some where in town, walk over to Chedruai to save 50 pesos, it is "in town" the condo is not.
I believe they are both in the same zone. Cozumel FAQ's - Weather, Water temps, Dive Operators, Taxis, and More But there IS a premium charged for pick-up at Chedraui, I believe. Chedraui is just outside of "El Centro" but certainly is part of the town. Could they have been charging you extra for your hotel pickup (for some unfathomable reason)?

I believe they are both in the same zone. Cozumel FAQ's - Weather, Water temps, Dive Operators, Taxis, and More But there IS a premium charged for pick-up at Chedraui, I believe. Chedraui is just outside of "El Centro" but certainly is part of the town. Could they have been charging you extra for your hotel pickup (for some unfathomable reason)?
Just a little taxi zone jerimandering, took one into town, the girls were dressed up and didn't want to get sweaty, from Chedruai 150, took one back to condo, 200. I asked the doorman, he said officially or not they consider the condo part of Hotel Zone 1

Its mind blowing (all prices in peso’s) El Centro, zone 1 is from the airport road to 65th Ave to 11th (Quintana Roo Ave Between Mega and the municipal plaza. Point to point is $26, zone 4 which is from 11 to 23rd Ave up to 65 and contains Chedruai (Gringo gultch / Corpus Christi) to anywhere in zone 1 is $27. So far so good except the hotels from Cantil to Scuba club to Hotel Cozumel are in hotel zone Sur 1 and its $75. So across the street is zone 4 and only $27. But if you go 30 yards up 15th (Xel Ha) it’s a supermarket taxi que and there is a $8 surcharge so it goes to $35

upload_2021-8-5_21-28-43.png

upload_2021-8-5_21-29-23.png

upload_2021-8-5_21-29-56.png

Reactions: MMM
@Outbound I have been to Cozumel three times in past three years. I’ve stayed at the Casa Mexicana and Casa Del Mar and dived with Deep Exposure for a week and with Cozumel Marine World for three weeks respectively.

Casa Mexicana was nice but didn’t have much personality. Based on my experience, the Casa Del Mar seems like the best of all worlds if you want to relax and dive. It’s not a 5 star place but it’s very nice and the staff are super. They are located south of town and very close, if a town experience is desired. Cozumel Marine World and their pier is conveniently across the street from Casa Del Mar. Their large pier has a nice sandy private area for relaxing in and out of the sun, in addition to their good dive boat dock. Almost everyone I’ve met Casa Del Mar & Cozumel Marine World are returning customers which speaks volumes. Check it out.

Back
Top Bottom