Help with planning a Coz dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're going Feb 8 thru 18 for our first trip too. Two divers, 3 snorkelers. There's so much info to wade thru!

Whatever you decide, i highly discourage all inclusives in Cozumel.

I agree, sort of. I would never go AI on Cozumel because I enjoy eating at the many excellent restaurants in town, but for some the convenience of AI is more important than the diversity of options. Additionally, if one is staying at one of the resorts near the south end of the island, eating in town every night would mean a lot of traveling.

I agree, sort of. I would never go AI on Cozumel because I enjoy eating at the many excellent restaurants in town, but for some the convenience of AI is more important than the diversity of options. Additionally, if one is staying at one of the resorts near the south end of the island, eating in town every night would mean a lot of traveling.

My 2nd advice is not to stay at the south end of the island either 😁

Of course if you do, i recommend a condo. I like making my own breakfasts and cocktails. 👍

This is an each to their own piece of advice as their are pros and cons to each. The resorts themselves are far better at the AIs than in town. The food is better in the town. You will spend less time on boats/taxis going to and from dive sites staying down South and getting picked up at your dock.

I've done both and now we stay at a southern resort and simply budget the taxi fare into down for dinners in our budget. This is not the end of the world people make it out to be...

Everyone has a different idea of what a vacation feels like and a budget. I would be very skeptical of general advice coming from this forum as I personally have been burned by it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just find all inclusive food and drink gross.

Plus i don't need to be entertained 😁

I just find all inclusive food and drink gross.
I remember the last time I did with a group to Cozumel. I went to get lunch wearing my dive suit as I had a short time before the afternoon dive planned, but there was an outdoor buffet for such. There were also flies all over the food. Some of the drunks kept getting food, but I got mad, marched over to the restaurant, and sit down at an outdoor table. Surprisingly they served me there.

Another time I was some issue or question so went back into the kitchen to seek a discussion as I feel it's my right to inspect any kitchen where I dine. They weren't cooking there. I guess they trucked the food in from elsewhere.

The last time.

I remember the last time I did with a group to Cozumel. I went to get lunch wearing my dive suit as I had a short time before the afternoon dive planned, but there was an outdoor buffet for such. There were also flies all over the food. Some of the drunks kept getting food, but I got mad, marched over to the restaurant, and sit down at an outdoor table. Surprisingly they served me there.

Another time I was some issue or question so went back into the kitchen to seek a discussion as I feel it's my right to inspect any kitchen where I dine. They weren't cooking there. I guess they trucked the food in from elsewhere.

The last time.

This is exactly the kind of nonsense I am referring too. Name the AI but don't just say "AIs" and slander every place on the island and scare people away.

Where does opinion end and slander begin? Calling out the specific resort?

Name the AI but don't just say "AIs" and slander every place on the island and scare people away.
I think they called it Reef Club back then, but it's been a decade and they have all changed.

With a large group, Sothern AI fits the bill! Short hop to dive sites and the food, where we stay, is pretty good. Although we prefer staying in town and just did for 12 days while dining at 10 different restaurants.

Its not the end of all ends staying at an AI....it does have its advantages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom