Help with a tank size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcollin160

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i recently purchased a steel tank from a neighbor that is getting out of diving. it is a Scubapro Faber steel tank 2400psi, it is 24" high and about 7 3/4" wide. i looked at some charts and kinda fits into a 80cf range but the tank is wider than what the chart shows. The guy that did the hydro said he thought it is what was called a super 80.
any ideas?

Measure the circumference and divide by 3.1415 - that will give you the diameter. As for what the cylinder capacity is Faber did make some LP80s for ScubaPro but I think they were 7.0" or 7.25" in diameter.

write down the numbers and letters from around the next, and i will do my best to find out for you. there is two or three rows, so make sure you seperate them to get the mose accurate answer.

i would tell you to go to fabers site, but i cant find much info on tanks there. i have been trying to get technical info from them for a while and cant.

At 24" tall and about 7 3/4" wide it is most likely an LP 94 (23.8" tall and 8" in diameter with a 2400 psi service pressure).

Scubapro sold the LP 95, a shorty 3000 psi 71.2, a taller and skinnier "slim line" 71.2 and a 75.8.

Sounds like you're the proud owner of an LP95.

that is good. i purchased this from a neighbor with an alum 80, regs and gauges, dive bag, knife, 30lb of weights and some odds and ends for $250.

Sounds like you might have gotten a pretty good deal. Are the tanks showing current Hydro and/or Viz inspection?

If you're not real familiar with this (didn't see any reference to this at all in the post) so I thought I'd add the below:

Odds are the tanks have multiple dates stamped onto it, often MMxYY format, where the "x" is the facility stamp, and the rest is the month/year of the hydro. Find the most recent one, it has to be less than 5 years old.

The vis inspection is easier, they are put on via sticker. If there's more than 1, find most recent date - must be less than 1 year old.

Once these are current you've got a good deal on the tanks. If not, get them done, as you can't get them filled again till they're current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom