Help...Wife doesn't want me to dive on vacation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just remember, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" If your getting a bad vibe, figure out something else to do. Otherwise it isn't worth the price you'll pay later.

CRAZYBOBC:
Unfortunately the beach is out, kids to young.

Why are they to young for the beach? We've taken our kids to the beach since before they were born.. our oldest LOVES the beach!

Lets see.. other options in WPB are some really great parks, Sawgrass Mills Mall, beachside shopping... this mondo flea market with a carnival on it.. thats about it.

This is one of the reasons I stay single. I can't see how my partner could put up with my need to dive on such a regular basis or the other things I do that revolve around diving (getting ready before, everything I have to do after).

Eventhough I am totally explicite about what I do and how often I do it, in the beginning of a new relationship, I hear: "Sure, I understand. That sounds like fun." At the end of the relationship, it turns into: "You want to go diving AGAIN? You just went last month!" I am done with that.

Anyone who can deal with this along with my many other issues (yes, I know I have them) is a keeper in my book. Just haven't found her . . . yet. :wink:

Uncle Pug:
If you sacrifice this dive (quietly, joyfully, willingly and without murmuring or sulking) you will be wise. Enjoy your family and have fun with them on vacation.
I've always wanted to try sky diving. My wife doesn't want me to.

So I don't. On the scale of things, compared to my family, stuff like that doesn't even measure.
But then, I'm kinda' crazy 'cause I'd give it all up for her.

Rick
(Joyously married 24 years)

CRAZYBOBC:
Ok I will be in Orlando for a week in May. I wanted to trek to WPB for a 2 tank dive. Wife isn't happy about that, I should be with the family (3 yr old son and 9 mo old daughter). Anyway my idea was to bring them all to WPB while I dive she could take the minivan and do whatever. So here is the question what could she do with the 2 kids for the 4 hours or so I will be on the 2 tank dive. Unfortunately the beach is out, kids to young. Any other suggestions or am I being selfish. I know there is a hot air balloon festival on Monday near WPB anybody know about it or ever been. That could work its on a Monday what dive shop should I use, thats open Monday. Any other suggestions. Does anyone else have this problem on family vacations.

I'm not to sure why the beach is out other than that is not something your wife is willing to deal with, or enjoy. We certainly had our kid on the beach every chance we got from the day he was born.

You really did not provide much to go on as far as what this vacation is all about. IMO if you are there as a family vacation for the entire week, and you can not arrange to do a half day dive, well the family is important, but 4 hours out of a week? Your wife would not enjoy the same amount of time away from the kids to do something she likes?

Working as a couple is exactly that.... and there are going to be some compromises. If you can not work out a simple four hour getaway, either you, or your wife, IMO that is trouble.

Another thought is that if you are doing the Disney thing, there is always the Ocean Discovery, or whatever they call the Disney Reef dive.

Good Luck

Random thoughts of a diver/husband/ soon to be single male.

Firstly do not take outside advice about your family/ marriage life.
Never take advice from a message board.

I aggree with others that if you can not take the five hours to go diving in a weeks time in Orlando where you will be doing kiddy things all weekyou need to look deeper into the problem at hand. I just can not fathom that sort of a matriarchal situation.

Tommorow morning when you wake up try getting your underwear from the other side of the dresser.

CRAZYBOBC:
Ok I will be in Orlando for a week in May. I wanted to trek to WPB for a 2 tank dive. Wife isn't happy about that, I should be with the family (3 yr old son and 9 mo old daughter). Anyway my idea was to bring them all to WPB while I dive she could take the minivan and do whatever. So here is the question what could she do with the 2 kids for the 4 hours or so I will be on the 2 tank dive. Unfortunately the beach is out, kids to young. Any other suggestions or am I being selfish. I know there is a hot air balloon festival on Monday near WPB anybody know about it or ever been. That could work its on a Monday what dive shop should I use, thats open Monday. Any other suggestions. Does anyone else have this problem on family vacations.

WPB has a nice little zoo, kids love the zoo! It's not huge, but would keep them busy while you went diving.

A great way is have them head over to Lion Safari ,Drop you off and they could head over,The kids would love it,its a drive thru zoo!
As having a non diving wife I try to plan this stuff ahead so I can dive and they can have fun too!Seems to work great!
Man hope you get some dives in,WPB is great place to dive!so hope it works out!
Brad

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom