Help Needed! - UWATEC Smart Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
Well the only upgrade you get is if you have a Smart Com and want the Air Z Nitrox. If you have Smart Pro (like me) your only choice is to go down to the Pro Ultra and they will throw in the software to download info to your computer (which should be included with the computer anyway).

So if I get it right, as the owner of a SmartCOM I can get the Air Z Nitrox free of charge?

What do you guys say, should I do it?

Hi,
I,m new to the forum, and i also have a smartcom. scubapro told me that its just the computer they want. i found out about the recall from the uwatec website and was shocked to gear about the recall, ive had mine for over a year. never had a problem. can someone tell me why all of them are being recalled.

is it me or is uwatec having a few problems with there dive computers. they are recalling, 1995 aladin air x nitrox sold between 95-96. do i need to start worrying and change to another dive computer.

hi again, the dongle key looks kind of ugly, can i use another if so can you advise. THANKS

Yea, if you have a smartcom you can get a air z nitrox free of charge.

I cant tell you what you should get, but I did get the air z instead.

I suggest you go to the uwatec web site and look at the air z's features.

did you change to the air z becaues of the problems with the smart series.

padiuk99 once bubbled...
did you change to the air z becaues of the problems with the smart series.

Actually, I couldnt afford the Air Z when I purchased the SmartCom...it was 3-400 more.

Since I had the opportunity to upgrade, at no additional charge, I jumped at it!

ok,
i thought the smartcom cost more. i payed £500 for my smartcom how much is the air nitrox.
what do you think to the air z o2.

Same issue, I bought the smart com because it was cheaper but wanted the wrist ai. I opted to change and now have the air z nitrox. It is so much better having it on my wrist.

I have just about had it with this computer. My family has a couple of these and each one included a free problem with purchase. We have had them about 15 months, and amazingly, we just had our first trip (11 dives per person) where each computer managed to stay functioning for the duration. However, as I posted last year, one computer cratered on the first dive and despite being told that the replacement time would be on the order of 1-2 weeks, it took a bit over 2 months which effectively compromised the rest of the season. I am curious how long it would have taken had I not called and inquired. The LDS said scubapro took forever, scubapro said they were waiting on something from the LDS. Irrespective, IMHO, scubapro is solely responsible for managing their dealer network.

Just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom