Help Needed! - UWATEC Smart Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my shipping box took about 2 weeks also now I just need my Ocianic computer to come back from repair so I can send the scuba pro back!

diverUp once bubbled...
I opted for the Air Z Nitrox upgrade.

And am glad I did!

What do you mean "I opted" ?
Does UWATEC gives the option to upgrade instead of recall?

Yea, but you have to ask, depending on the model you have (SmartCom or Pro) they will tell you your options.

Just call em at the number on the recall letter.

diverUp once bubbled...
Yea, but you have to ask, depending on the model you have (SmartCom or Pro) they will tell you your options.

Just call em at the number on the recall letter.

Good to know... I'll call my LDS.
BTW, how much did the upgrade cost you?

Well the only upgrade you get is if you have a Smart Com and want the Air Z Nitrox. If you have Smart Pro (like me) your only choice is to go down to the Pro Ultra and they will throw in the software to download info to your computer (which should be included with the computer anyway).

I was hoping they would allow me to move up to the Air Z Nitrox since I wanted to stick with a wrist computer but they told me that if I wanted to do that I would have to pay the $600 difference in the retail prices for the two computers. I would have aggreed to pay something but not $600 since it was their design flaw that would have cost me the rest of my diving season if my LDS hadn't offered up a loaner. Apparently my LDS owner is more worried about happy customers than Scuba Pro is. So needless to say I won't be getting the Air Z and I won't be buying another Scuba Pro product anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom