Help Needed! - UWATEC Smart Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ive got the chance to change my smartcom to any in the air range.
i like both the good thing about the air is i can have it on my rist. the bad thing about the smart is the recall. can anyone who has or had either tell me what they think.

Anyone knows if the "new" smart is going to be improoved such as showing the remaining NDL while recomending level stops or it is just going to be the same??

If it is going to be the same, I think I'll go with the Air Z Nitrox.

Anyone has a "contact" in ScubaPro/Uwatec and can check it out?

I mentioned this trade in option to my LDS that is the Israeli UWATEC representative. He was surprised to hear this and said he will check it out. Two days afterwards I called him again and he said that he spoke with UWATEC and there is no such trade in option and that even UWATEC was surprised to hear about it.

Can anyone help? Anyone knows a telephone number of an official in UWATEC that can "pull the right strings" to help me do the trade in?

I really really want to trade my SMartCOM to the AIr Z Nitrox.

Please help.

oversea once bubbled...
All I know is that they don't want to do it (per uwatec) but I've got mine!

How in the world did you do it??? I want one too!

TheAce once bubbled...

How in the world did you do it??? I want one too!

You have to go through UWATEC...NOT your LDS.

Did you receive a recall letter from UWATEC?

If so call the number listed and tell them you do not want to wait for the new smarts...would rather get the Air Z Nitrox upgrade.

This is easily an option here in the U.S.

Don't know 'bout overseas.

diverUp once bubbled...

You have to go through UWATEC...NOT your LDS.

Did you receive a recall letter from UWATEC?

If so call the number listed and tell them you do not want to wait for the new smarts...would rather get the Air Z Nitrox upgrade.

This is easily an option here in the U.S.

Don't know 'bout overseas.

No.. I never got a letter, if I had a telephone number of the person who is incharge of Israel in Uwatec I would call him already. I only filled my info in Uwatec's site and two days later I got a call from the local uwatec rep (LDS).

I am looking for the right person who can aprove this. My local uwatec rep said, "sorry, impossible. This option does not exist."

Ari.

Sorry I don't have any contact info other than the U.S.

BTW...UWATEC seemed very happy to accomadate a trade in order to keep the divers happy over here.

Oh yea, already got mine replaced.

Back
Top Bottom