Help Needed! - UWATEC Smart Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They actually already sent out their first shipment of replacements, and will have another shipment ready for delivery next week.

Panama Jack once bubbled...
I have spoken with Eric Shultze w/SP-Uwatec (USA) three times this week. I told him I didn't want to wait and requested another computer from the Uwatec lineup (Air-z) so I could start diving right away. I was told my new Smart Com would be mailed this week and that I will receive it in a couple of days. No need to trade per SP-Uwatec. Peaple may have waited too late if they want a trade.

Please let us know as soon as you get the SmartCOM if there is anything new about it except the so called serious bug fix...

Diversauras once bubbled...
The new Smartcom arrived via UPS yesterday, 8/13/03. Took about three weeks all together.

How is it?? Aanything new about it?? Did they fix the display bug when using MB levels?? Let us know the details.. any change in looks?

there will be no changes to any in the smart range.

My new Smart Com just arrived at my LDS. The old one was returned roughly two weeks before the recall, so there are new computers leaving Uwatec. I'll keep you posted as to the functions of the new one. I'm a bit leary of the air integrated feature now that it has failed one time. Analog may be more reliable. although I'm not sure what I want to do, is anyone interested in purchasing a brand new Smart Com?

First of all the recall is a voluntary recall. Uwatec says that the change the bug is in your computer is small but for savety they do a worldwide recall.

I would advice if you have a trip planned to take your computer on that trip and send it in for recall after the trip.

For people in Australia. I read someone said that Uwatec Australia is replacing them locally, well keep on dreaming. Uwatec Australia will take your computer but they send them back to Europe for replacement. They get 60 computers replaced from Europe every week and will deliver on first in first out base. I was lucky my dive shop called me as soon as the recall came in and I was in the first group of 60. I got my new computer 1.5 week ago.

Also the new computers will be the same as the old once, no new features. The only new thing is the new chip to fix the bug.

Chris I am interested in your Smart Com. I sent you a private message.

I received my Smart Com from ScubaPro. I had turned mine in BEFORE the recall. The computer had completly locked up. All the digital information displayed was stuck, nothing I could do to change it or reset it. This happned a week before the recall was issued, the tech told they have had a few like mine when I had taken it to SP. Nice to live in San Diego and take it directly to them. I dont believe I had a software issue, I had a Hardware issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom