Help Needed! - UWATEC Smart Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea once bubbled...
not true, I did it through my shop.

GOOD 4 U!!

Im just saying that if your LDS already said it isn't available that it is best to go straight to the source...

which in this case is UWATEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have spoken with Eric Shultze w/SP-Uwatec (USA) three times this week. I told him I didn't want to wait and requested another computer from the Uwatec lineup (Air-z) so I could start diving right away. I was told my new Smart Com would be mailed this week and that I will receive it in a couple of days. No need to trade per SP-Uwatec. Peaple may have waited too late if they want a trade.

As I posted elsewhere I called my LDS today about the issue and traded my SmartCom for an Air Z tonight. It was NO PROBLEM at all!

My LDS said he was going to try and get me the software and datatrack?? for free as an add on.

The new Smartcom arrived via UPS yesterday, 8/13/03. Took about three weeks all together.

I was speaking to a lady at Scubapro UK. who told me that only 2 or 3 sent there smart computers back before the recall.
they have sold world wide 24 thousand and it will cost uwatec 3 million. this is official.
the exchange is down to there discretion. you can also have a full refund. if people have lost trust in there smart computer.

The quality of customer service i have received and the quickness of there emails to me is the best. i can not fault them in anyway. they have been great.

here here, I also think that Uwatec has acquitted themselves well on this recall, and I will keep diving my Uwatec computers.

Diversauras once bubbled...
The new Smartcom arrived via UPS yesterday, 8/13/03. Took about three weeks all together.

You apparently received your replacement from the "first" shipment from UWATEC.

Looks like every week there will be a "shipment" sent out.

First come...first served.

diverUp once bubbled...

You apparently received your replacement from the "first" shipment from UWATEC.

Looks like every week there will be a "shipment" sent out.

First come...first served.

Sometimes being quick is good, sometimes it isn't...

the recall doesnt mean that all the smart computers were effected uwatec did it just to be safe.

Sorry, i got my wires crossed with what i said about the recall. They have not had smart returns before the recall; the smart computer that had this problem had a software programming error occur that caused the alert signals to stop working properly. The exchange is available for the UK. this is what they are doing as there customer service is very important to them and like to make sure diver safety is there main concern. I was told that the new smarts will be ready by mid September.

Back
Top Bottom