Help needed analyzing a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Common. you guys are also here to educate us newbies, right? Is there a most rewarding occupation than teaching? Now, if my posts are out of line for a reason I ignore, please let me know because I am pretty sure that as my diving learning curve evolves, there will be more from personal or third party experiences.

I've only been diving since 1986. I'm still a newbie at heart.

Is that why he cannot read his DC? It's also in English?
Good point. His DC is definetely in English. I will ask him to put it in French if possible.

Good point. His DC is definetely in English. I will ask him to put it in French if possible.

You got to be kidding me? Cannot read English and DC is in English.

Hey maybe I should put my Shearwater into Chinese then my dive partners wont know when I go into deco? I could just remove NDL from the main screen and have TTS +5 on there lol.

There was an excellent presentation from one of the diving doctors at the BSAC Diving Officers Conference a few years ago. There was an excellent discussion on the way diving instruments where changing, with new technologies and knowledge. They where even talking about how in the near future they would be able to monitor blood chemistry. With CCR analysing the expired gas.

Mind you, I didn't like the idea of the rectal probe - to measure core temperature. :(

You got to be kidding me? Cannot read English and DC is in English.

Hey maybe I should put my Shearwater into Chinese then my dive partners wont know when I go into deco? I could just remove NDL from the main screen and have TTS +5 on there lol.
There is a difference between reading english on a forum and on an instrument. We French lost the language war with the Brits/ American so even a child knows that he/ she needs to learn some key words. DC do not give lectures, just a few words. The vocabulary is extremely limited.

@Dody @scubadada
What software are those profiles from? They both seem to display a deco obligation in the same way, but it’s not one that I’m familiar with. If I were to look at both of those profiles with no context, I would assume some sort of alarm, but wouldn’t immediately think of a deco warning.

I’m used to seeing the deco obligation displayed as a cored or grayed out portion of the top of the graph marking the ceiling.
The profile I posted is from PPS OceanLog, no longer in use. My audible alarms have always been disabled, however, I have visual display of all alarms, like entry into deco.:)

I have the audible and haptic alarms on my Teric disabled also. However, I see all the alarms visually. The Shearwater Cloud displays deco similarly to what I posted for my VT3. The white line is the dive profile. The red bar represents light deco. The orange line is the GF99

upload_2021-5-24_17-20-42.png

The profile I posted is from PPS OceanLog, no longer in use. My audible alarms have always been disabled, however, I have visual display of all alarms, like entry into deco.:)

I have the audible and haptic alarms on my Teric disabled also. However, I see all the alarms visually. The Shearwater Cloud displays deco similarly to what I posted for my VT3. The white line is the dive profile. The red bar represents light deco. The orange line is the GF99

View attachment 661113
This one is closer to what I’m familiar with. Red deco up toward the top of the graph. I’d take that to mean that your ceiling at that point is around 10’, and it cleared on your ascent. I’m just not used to the deco graph extending all the way down to the dive profile line.

Geez, your ascent was steep, wasn't it? Maybe not. 44 ft in two minues (once again, it would good to have the seconds). But you were aware that you were in deco, right?
Correct, the ascent was from about 55 ft to 15 ft, no ascent alarm, it is displayed as a vertical yellow line, same as your friends profile. Yes of course I knew I was in deco. About 5% of my dives are light deco, generally less than 10 min.

Well, in many occasions, my DESAT counter on my DC is over 9 hours. But it never prevented me from diving because the N2 graph was at zero.
I think you are displaying a basic misunderstanding here

@Dody @scubadada
What software are those profiles from? They both seem to display a deco obligation in the same way, but it’s not one that I’m familiar with. If I were to look at both of those profiles with no context, I would assume some sort of alarm, but wouldn’t immediately think of a deco warning.

I’m used to seeing the deco obligation displayed as a cored or grayed out portion of the top of the graph marking the ceiling.
The software is diverlog+ which allows a transfer from the DC to a smartphone. For me it is not giving enough info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom