HELP me pee...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So. This is not exactly on-topic, but several years ago I wangled a ride in the passenger seat of a pre-runner truck in a desert race that started in a hotel parking lot near Lost Wages. The requisite nomex underwear and driving suit were offered up, and in the kit was a condom catheter with a four-foot hose attached. Once belted into the seat the crew would string the hose through a small hole in the floor. Instant relief solution, so I could hydrate as much as I wanted. Cool. However, the pre-race paperwork and signing all the release,(!), forms took an extra hour and a half. Rather than walk all the way back to the hotel rest room, we just stood around the landscaping, ummm, irrigating the foliage. Even some of those gnarly race drivers had a difficult time getting the stream to start. Once belted in, though, they had no trouble making a puddle under the truck in the parking lot.

DC

That is so HOT!

never mind. Just read your entire post. :D

Saw this morning on Facebook....

seems you're not the only one with issues on "how to pee"

37313_131157166915854_130810663617171_209670_3982823_n.jpg

A male dive buddy told me that if it's more than two shakes you're playing with yourself. :rofl3:

In all seriousness, not being able to pee underwater is becoming a frustrating issue for me.

Sam: I admit to not reading all the replies to your plea for help, but I have a solution.

Sounds as though you installed your She-P incorrectly. You need to install the tickle-me-until-I-pee add-on. I believe it may be an pay-extra option but it is supplied with the deluxe kit. Best used at waypoints in the dive when wriggling around in the water laughing like a maniac will not interfere with the dive's progress, it is an effective tool to help you overcome your initial reluctance.

Failing that, the secret is to practice early peeing... do not wait until it's a desperate situation. As we say up here in the Great Lakes, pee early and often.

(hope you do get it sorted... all the best XOX)

Sam: I admit to not reading all the replies to your plea for help, but I have a solution.

Sounds as though you installed your She-P incorrectly. You need to install the tickle-me-until-I-pee add-on. I believe it may be an pay-extra option but it is supplied with the deluxe kit. Best used at waypoints in the dive when wriggling around in the water laughing like a maniac will not interfere with the dive's progress, it is an effective tool to help you overcome your initial reluctance.

Failing that, the secret is to practice early peeing... do not wait until it's a desperate situation. As we say up here in the Great Lakes, pee early and often.

(hope you do get it sorted... all the best XOX)
:rofl3::rofl3: OMG, Steve has solved my problem.

I did not get the tickle-me-until-I-pee add-on. Let me go order that now. :sprint:

The champion female wet suit peer on the planet is my wife and divebuddy and co-author Debbie. Leave a message at our website, scubasnobs.com. and she will tell you about it. Or email her at debbie@scubasnobs.com. Debbie, a/k/a the scubadiva, once voided her bladder at 95 feet of depth. That is something I cannot do. The ability to void your bladder is impacted by external pressure (depth), and internal anxiety (mental block) along with alot of other things. Perhaps you can relax a little and have the freedom of wetsuit peeing if you read that portion of Chapter 3 or our Book, "The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette," that deals with this issue. It is funny and informative, and might remove the mental block aspect of your problem. Available at amazon.com, bn.com, or scubasnobs.com. Or... you could see a urologist.
DivemasterDennis

Well Sam I think you should pipe up and use a long section of hose to run it down your leg.
Then you start to drink a gallon of water while walking outside and drink till you pee and drink some more!
It will surely work.

The only trouble I have found now is having to actually hold it above or below water.
I have had no issue using my valve @ 150' to the surface and on the boat or land.
You will soon find bliss no worries!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

the ability to void your bladder is impacted by external pressure (depth)

Actually, not. There are no air spaces in the bladder, and the fluid pressure equilibrates with ambient. It is no more difficult to urinate at 95 feet than it is at the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom