Help in Converting a Filter Tower to a Coalescer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dennis,
I used the standard test kit supplied by TRI for the past 15 years. The test kit is sent to me when testing is planned. Each kit is certified and has provisions for compressor size by controlling oriface and flow pressure using certified gauges.
The two canisters tested were my accumulator/filter set up with the 1st unit filled (repackable) with Linde 13X and the 2nd unit (repackable) filled with 1 in of linde 13X, 1 inch of Hopcalite, and 3.5 inches of activated charcoal. The compressor was a 6 cfm Noah Howden (my build) pumping at 1500psi with a bypass valve to stabilize flow and pressure.
I conducted the testing as an indepentant agent for the Wichita Fire dept. for 15 years and the testing procedure was as required by the indepandant Laboratory.
Additional questions
Jim Shelden
I should check my spelling before sending "orifice" and "independant"
Jim

Even if David does not require OC air, the question and answer are of interest since I've been critical in the past of the contention that an expensive hyperfilter is needed to produce highly purified air.

How much do you charge for the complete coalescer?

Sorry for not getting back sooner. With DEMA followed so closely by the Florida Dive show, I have been swamped!

There was a price increase on the coalescer and list is now $730. However NOBODY sells for list. I have them on my site for $650. Oh ... and the replacement bronze filter is only $36 ... not the $50 that I guessed at before. That is a WHOLE lot cheaper than the two part filters from Bauer that go for about $90!

Hope that helped!

Back
Top Bottom