Help blindly sizing tall skinny female?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, lol, I check back in and find there's been quite the detour in the thread. For the record, yes this is a serious question. Secondly, the bikini pic was OK'd and off her public Instagram. Thirdly the reason for the bikini was to more accurately show the waist to hips fitment issue that I'm trying to solve. Nobody's ever seen a bikini before????

Thank you for the helpful responses, I've been looking into each of them!

I treated this as a legitimate request and I gave the same recommendation that I have given numerous times when asked the same question by others.

If she gets cold easily, maybe live with a suit that's thin through the waist (and shoulders?) but add a vest underneath it to fill up that dead space and insulate a bit more.

Pics aside, Esprise Me's comment about smuggling cantaloupes had me snort Coke zero out my nose....

If she gets cold easily, maybe live with a suit that's thin through the waist (and shoulders?) but add a vest underneath it to fill up that dead space and insulate a bit more.
This is what I do. If I can get them over my hips, then none of my wetsuits will ever fit me in the waist/belly area. I have never ordered a custom wetsuit though since 99% of the time I dive dry.

Shrugs, I assumed it was a legitimate question (sounds like it is)

I wonder about the idea of a free diving suit, someone like Mako?

@MAKO Spearguns
That's an idea. Will start looking at 2 piece options too.

Pics aside, Esprise Me's comment about smuggling cantaloupes had me snort Coke zero out my nose....
Hadn't thought of this either. Might solve the waist size issue if I got something to fit her height.

Glad OP cleared it with his girlfriend before sharing the photos. I had the same concern as Marie, but then reminded myself I'm an old fart of 38 and this lovely young woman probably posted those photos of herself all over the internet already, as the kids do. Heck, I probably would too if I looked like that. And if I were dating someone who looked like that, I wouldn't pass up a chance to brag about it. But even if the OP is fake, there are women out there with similar proportions in need of wetsuits who might be helped by this thread. I've found answers to my questions here without even having to start a thread because someone else already did.

reminded myself I'm an old fart of 38
If 38 is the new old fart what are the rest of us? o_O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom